edited January 2022 in Announcements
Update!
ORK Framework 3 is scheduled for release on January 31, 2022!

------------------------------------------------------------------

ORK Framework 3 will release in the 2nd half of Janurary 2022!

In the meantime, you can get yourself familiar with it via the ORK 3 beta.

There'll still be a few changes until the release version that might require some settings to be redone, but all in all, ORK 3 is production ready and can already be used to start your projects.

Check out ORK 3's guide, with extensive documentation and lots of tutorials.
If you're new to ORK 3, check out the first steps documentation to get started.

There are already 2 long form tutorial series available:

Status System Setup Tutorial Series

Learn how to set up a status system from scratch.
This status system will be the basis for multiple upcoming tutorial series and is already completed. You can also down the finished status system setup to get yourself started.

3D RPG Playground Tutorial Series

Create a 3D RPG in this tutorial series, using the status system setup tutorial series as it's basis. Uses Turn Based or Active Time battles (or both).
The series is still ongoing!
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great News! When you are planning to make that tool that helps in updating projects from Ork 2?
  • I'll start working on that after release of ORK 3, don't know how long it'll take, though.

However, my priority will be on cranking out different tutorial series for ORK 3, so it might be some time before you'll be able to convert ORK 2 projects to ORK 3.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Pretty stoked for this!
    Would really love to see a tutorial on how to set up a basic 2D battle system like the old JRPGS i.e. Final Fantasy 1-6.
    I found some references to it in the forums but having a legit tutorial/walkthrough would really help me a ton!
    Thanks for all of your diligent and hard work on this amazing asset!
  • Not sure if this is a bug or something going wrong on my end, but if you use Status Development in Class Level Up on a combatant, and set Initial Status Values on the combatant, the Status Values of the combatant will appear double their value in game. If you just use Status Development directly on the combatant instead of through Class Level Up, the Initial Status Values show up correctly. Do note, the Initial Status Values and the Status Development Values are not the same, that why it's strange Initial Status Values would appear as double their values when using Status Development through Class Level Up. I'm hoping I'm just missing something, I'll have to look over this some more tomorrow.
  • @nuxvomo
    Next (shorter) tutorial series will be 3D real time action combat, but 2D tutorials are scheduled for after that one :)

@Dre788
    Hm, I'll check it out.
  • @gamingislove
    It looks like just using Status Development through Class Level Up causes the status numbers to appear doubled. I'm using the latest beta btw.
  • Update!
    ORK Framework 3 is scheduled for release on January 31, 2022!
    Unless the Asset Store takes longer to process the publishing ... in which case it could be delayed by a few days.

@Dre788
    The issue should be gone in BETA 26 (better new BETA 27, fixing some other issues).
    It wasn't really a doubling of values, just that the class development used the status value's default value if it doesn't use it, e.g. adding 1 or whatever the default value is in your setup.
  • @gamingislove
    Ah, I understand. I used beta 26 and can confirm the problem is fixed. Congraz on the release date! Will the beta updates move back to the patron after release?
  • Yes, there'll be no public betas after release :)
  • @gamingislove thanks for the insight on the 2D tutorials coming up! I really appreciate that :)
    And big congrats on getting the 3.0 release out the door, huge accomplishment!