• Couple of things I'd love to see fixed/improved in the next beta.

1.) Ability to name Loot Tables. While the Types helps, as you add more loot tables it gets increasingly hard to tell what one does without having to open them all up.

2.) Make the menu less long with more horizontal tabs/buttons. Some of the menus get really, really long and while the right sidebar is nice, it still leads to a lot of collapsing, scrolling, and uncollapsing and searching. The way you have the buttons for levels on Abilities/Items is pretty great and having that for a lot of common sections like Base Settings would help a lot.

3.) More fields/options for Faction Benefits. Unless I'm missing something, you can't do any thing beyond shop discounts? I was hoping to use factions to do more than just shop discounts. Stuff like extra quests, exclusive items and such would be nice.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • @gamingislove Is it possible to call the generate battle grid function from runtime? Looking at the 2.34 framework API I'm not seeing anything specific, although it looks like there is a CreateLookup, ClearLookup, and RemoveGrid?

I believe a compromise between what I'm after and performance can be handled by generating a 15x15 grid at the point of contact.

If I can hook into the grid generation through script, or even a schematic node really, then I should be able to call it in the battle start event before showing + placing on the grid right?

In editor this takes milliseconds so performance wise the raycast to generate the cells shouldn't take much effort since it isn't large, but this lets the grid adapt to the surroundings without needing to play multiple grids everywhere.
  • I ran into a bit of strange behavior, I just thought I should mention it.
    If you have a list of items that don't get consumed when you use them and then call a dialogue in any of the item's animation schematic, once the dialogue is over, the items in the list will stay in a disabled state unless you close the menu list and reopen it.

I fount a little work around to force the list to enable again. At the end of the dialogue, include a small wait (.1 secs) and the list will re-enable itself.
  • edited December 2021
    @gamingislove
    I have added a new Combatants to the Tutorial "START 3D RPG Playground".
    Combatants use navmesh to prevent them from falling off the ground.

But, there is a problem with combatants getting out of the Navmesh.
    In the scene view, the navmesh agent (cylinder in the image) does not appear to follow the combatants.
    ORK Framework 2.33 does not have this problem.
    How do I set the navmesh agent to follow the Combatants?

Post edited by hinata_kisaragi on
  • @joeee19
    I don't think you need to use a custom UI module for this. DoozyUI (AFAIK) still uses the Unity UI components, so you can just use ORK's HUD components to feed that information to it, and even create the prefabs like in the ORK 3 UI tutorials out of them.

Alternatively, you can also do it like in ORK 2 and just grab the information you want from ORK's data.

As for the node editor - holding CTRL will not inverse the scroll direction, but allow you to switch between horizontal and vertical scrolling while holding it down, just in case you need it. There are also settings for that anyway, e.g. inversing scroll direction by using negative scroll change values and a toggle to permanently enable horizontal scroll, etc.

@Solkyoshiro
    1) Loot tables are mainly for having different loot for level ranges in a loot setup. What's your scenario for setting up multiple loot tables in a loot setup instead of setting up multiple loot setups instead (where you can name them)?

2) That's a pretty neat idea - I'll look into that.

3) I'm open for ideas which settings can be added to faction benefits.
    I wanted to say that they're also used for checks via nodes, but I just noticed that there are only nodes to check for faction sympathy values, not benefits - I'll add nodes for that :)

@Acissathar
    I never tried it in-game, but grid generation is possible without the editor (BattleGridGenerator class):
    gridComponent.ClearLookup();
    gridComponent.RemoveGrid();
    BattleGridGenerator.Generate(gridComponent);

@Dre788
    I'll look into it.
    Probably just an update issue, since nothing tells the inventory menu to update it's content in that case - so, just an item displaying a dialogue?

@hinata_kisaragi
    I can't see the image.
    Are you talking about player group members following the player or enemy combatants hunting the player?
    If player group members - they need a move AI set up to follow their leader (see the move AI's Group Settings). The tutorial's move AI doesn't have that setup, the tutorial's setup is only used for single-spawned enemies.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Also, small update on what to expect this week:
    - ORK 3 BETA 20 will be available, making some changes to shop layouts and reuse times (similar to the cast/delay time changes)
    - probably at least the shop tutorial for the 3D playground series

I'll mainly work on asset store publishing stuff for ORK 3, though. Otherwise there won't be a release in the 2nd half of January :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited December 2021
    @gamingislove

I am currently doing the tutorials and i encountered a little bug - when you modify status value curves "edit curve" and choose an interpolation like for example (quadric in) everything is displayed fine. But when you reopen this curve - the interpolation is always displayed as "linear". The curve and developement is still fine but its irritating that the displayed type is wrong. If you have more and different interpolations its hard to remember which one you used if its always displayed as Linear.

Other than that - the tutorials are excelent and fun as always!
    Post edited by Monkey_A_C on
  • gamingislove said: so, just an item displaying a dialogue?
    @gamingislove
    Correct. The list is set to "use" the item but the item itself is set to not get consumed. It merely displays a dialogue during the animation schematic.
  • gamingislove said: 3) Better in-editor search is on my priority list for updates after release.
    It's something that's bugging me for some time as well.
    As for searching Makinom and ORK settings, wouldn't it be most useful if we could support a custom search provider for Quick Search?
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.quicksearch@2.0/manual/api.html
  • edited December 2021
    gamingislove said: I never tried it in-game, but grid generation is possible without the editor (BattleGridGenerator class):gridComponent.ClearLookup();
    gridComponent.RemoveGrid();
    BattleGridGenerator.Generate(gridComponent);
    Will play around with this some, but that seems to be exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • edited December 2021
    @Monkey_A_C
    Not really a bug - that information is editor only and not part of the stored data.
    I'll look into adding it to the data.

@joeee19
    I'm not sure if Quick Search can actually search in (custom) editor windows.

@Dre788
    Tested it - works fine when the menu screen doesn't pause the game (which would clash with animating the item's use anyway).
    I'll need more details on your menu screen setup and maybe the item and dialogue schematic.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • @gamingislove
    Oops, looks like I made a mistake in the implementation of my schematic. I shouldn't have put it into battle animation at all. I've now switched the schematic to "Use Cost" and the item list now updates as expected. The problem was I didn't realize "Status Change" had an option for schematic. I thought that was completely removed in one of the past updates in favor of just using battle animation schematics.
  • @Dre788
    Well, the schematic/game event options have been removed and added again via the new extensible status change types :)
  • Have issues with the UI again. My computer crashed while loading a scene in the Ork 3 beta and when I pulled my project back up, Ork had a number of errors.

I first tried to reimport the Ork 3 beta on top of it, that didn't fix it so I had to delete the whole asset, reinstall and reimport the Ork backup (great feature by the way).

I'm error free for the most part, with the exception of getting a null reference whenever I have a music component added in the scene.

The bigger issue is that my UI won't pull up at all. No start menu or anything. And I don't get any errors if I delete the music player.

Any ideas?
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • I got ORK2 in 2020 and want to upgrade to ORK3 when it comes out. Is it better to get another ORK2 license now or wait until release? Does the upgrade price of $50 stack with other new release or seasonal discounts?

I don't want to cut my 1 year of updates short by getting it too early, especially since I haven't used it to make a game yet.