• Suggestion for the next beta:

Either let Factions have a parent, or allow more than one Faction in the Bestiary.

As of right now, you can only have one faction in the Bestiary, which really messes up the Faction system. I have my enemies in various factions, but now I can't add them all to the Bestiary since you can only do one Faction.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • @hinata_kisaragi
    Oh, you mean the player's Nav Mesh Agent?
    Yeah, that's because the agent is not updated when the Button player control is active. Otherwise that'll lead to issues with the player's position - e.g. running off a cliff keeps the agent stuck up on the cliff, starting a battle would place the player back at that position, far away from the actual battle.

The button player control will update the agent to the new position when it's blocked (i.e. the component is disabled).
    This shouldn't really be an issue, as the player doesn't use NavMesh when moved by the button player controls.

@Solkyoshiro
    Hm, tested those characters in different places (abilities, items, etc.) and different settings (name, description, etc.) and all works fine. Saves, loads, is visible in play.

Regarding bestiary factions - next beta will improve on the entry separation. You can separate entries by faction, class, level and class level, each turned on individually.

@Vlastan
    Yeah ... stack overflow will be fixed, that's on me :)
    I'll check out the other issue.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    @gamingislove I tested the cinemachine wrapper, and the errors on target change are the same.
    In fact, the exact errors are there even with the original Ork top down camera controller.
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • edited January 2022
    ORK 3 BETA 22 is here!

New editor quality-of-life features!
    You can now show view limit buttons for the root foldouts below the search bar (by default enabled) - can be toggled on/off with the toggle button beside the search field (and in the editor settings).
    Also, new hotkeys to scroll to the top (Home) and bottom (End) of the settings (can be turned off like the other hotkeys in the editor settings).

There's also a bunch of other requested changes (e.g. chance selection for loot tables, bestiary faction separation, etc.).
    Please note that there are quest condition related changes in quest HUDs and menu requirements that need a redo of the quest conditions there.

See the beta page for all details.

Quest tutorials for 3D RPG Playground series

5 new quest-related tutorials available for the 3D RPG Playground tutorial series. The new tutorials start here.
    Set up some hunting quests, a more complex cheese-related quest and quest marker HUDs!

@Vlastan
    Added some safeguards, should be fixed now (BETA 22).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    @gamingislove Beta22 fixes the stack overflow error, however changing camera target when transition is enabled continues to generate errors (disabling transition makes it work).
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • Excellent update and the top buttons are excellent!
  • @Vlastan
    Hm, the same error or others?
    Might just be that the camera control doesn't really work well with the transitions. ORK's built-in controls are made to be compatible with it, but other controls can have issues with an outside script manipulating position and rotation.
  • when is the release scheduled?
  • @gamingislove
    Thank you for your reply.

I'm using a NavMesh to prevent players from falling off a cliff.
    In ORK Framework 2, you can prevent the fall with NavMesh as shown in the image below.

Does it mean that the ORK Framework 3 cannot prevent the NavMesh from falling off a cliff?
    If so, is there a good idea to prevent it from falling off a cliff?
  • edited January 2022
    Suggestions for next update/beta

- Allow the reordering of layers in Formulas and Schematics.

-Allow the renumbering of groups in Formulas and Schematics. Currently if you delete a group it doesnt change the current groups to correct the ordering.

-Perhaps some kind of collapsible folder or header for the formula list. Would help in keeping order as it gets long.

-Add the same left column setup with current creations to Schematics like with formulas.

-Add a field to equipment to denote Rarity and use it for sorting in loot tables and lists in schematics.

-Subfactions

- Add a radius for spawners in Real Time Battles to despawn mobs when the player is out of range to save cpu.
    Post edited by Solkyoshiro on
  • @3kage
    2nd half of January - probably in 2 weeks, though I can't give a fixed date yet (and also somewhat depends on the asset store's approval).

@hinata_kisaragi
    I see - I'll add an option to turn this off (disabling the agent in the button controls).

@Solkyoshiro
    I'll look into those.
    Can you give me more details on renumbering groups in formulas/schematics and collapsible folder thing? Not 100% sure what you mean by those.

Regarding despawning - there's the Combatant Despawner component available, which handles despawning combatants in the scene :)
  • edited January 2022
    Hi @gamingislove, a few more grid related things. (Incoming images)

First, an issue I am running into is that the Transform parameter in schematics is always being passed as null. I've tried Player, Starting Object, Machine Object, and adding these as actors before hand as well, but it always gets passed as a null value:

EDIT: If I pass a Vector3 determined by the Player gameobject, I do get the values passed as expected so I think it's specifically related to the Transform parameter.

Another issue is that it seems to be generating a new battle object even though I have it explicitly defined?

Other than this, I can verify that runtime generation using the three lines you mentioned back does work as expected, so that's perfect!

Lastly, would it be possible to slightly expand the "use slope" of the Grid Generator? For example, only use the slope when it's above a given amount enter in another field. The issue I have is that sometimes the point on a given cell will hit a relatively small bump in the mesh which causes it slope to the side and look a bit odd:

I do have actual ramps which I'd like to use the slope for, but they are much steeper than the ones above so being able to set it to only use the slope for things 30 and above for example would be perfect:

Post edited by Acissathar on
  • @Acissathar
    Yeah, Transform parameter is bugged, will be fixed in the next beta.
    How are you starting your battle - via the built-in way, e.g. coming near the enemy, or via scripting?

I'll look into the slope option :)
  • @gamingislove Combatant Spawners and just when they get in range of the player, no scripting for it at the moment.
  • @Acissathar
    Hm, should be using the defined component - unless you're also using Use Nearest Battle in the Auto Start Battles settings (Combatants > Combatants in the general settings for all or individual combatants). I think that could currently result in a new battle created if no battle is found in range.