Is it possible to have two catagories of random status value bonuses on one item.
I'm thinking of having a catagory for prefix and one for suffix, which I'm sure you're familiar with from other games, where one item can have a set number of prefix values that come from a certain pool of status values and then a certain number of suffix values that come from a different pool.
  • Since the random bonuses you can set up for equipment have no automatic impact on the name, that's something you have to do manually anyway, so you can arrange that however you like.

E.g. the equipment's Init Game Event can be used to change the name using an Change Selected Data Name node. The equipment itself is available as selected data with the key action and the node can use the current name within the new name via the %n text code - i.e. you can add stuff before and after the name as needed.
    Though, you might want to do the whole random bonus thing within the event, as you'd otherwise have a hard time to determine which random bonus is on the equipment to change the name based on that. You can change status value bonuses on equipment using the Change Equip Status Value node (again via selected data key action when in one of the equipment events).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think it's worth mentioning that I don't have the full version of Ork Framework, I have no access to the code. So far the free version is great for setting up a few things.

I'm sorry that I was unclear. I don't want to change the name, although I now know how do that.

I want to have one item with two catagories of stats.
    ex. a sword
    first prefix: 20% to have str, 20% to have dex, 20% to have hp, 20% to have xx, 20% to have zz.
    second prefix: 50% to have ww, 50% to have qq.

Personally I would like to have a pool with damage values in one pool and a different pool for defensive values, etc.

In case it's still unclear read below for further examples, else ignore below.

Path of Exile is an arpg, basic items have a prefix and a suffix, the prefix catagory contains certain stats and the suffix catagory contains certain stats but they are different from the prefix catagory. This is basically what I want to have, different catagories to roll certain stats from.
    As far as I can see you can only have one catagory on one item, so the pool to roll stats from is always the same. How do can I split this pool into different smaller ones.
  • Ah, I see - you could use equipment levels for this.
    Level 1 having the first prefix setup, level 2 having the second prefix setup. Your equipment would just have to be all be added as level 2 to use both random bonuses (random bonus settings have an option to also add previous levels).

Alternatively, as said before, you can use the Init Game Event and manually change bonuses via an event.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So I'm wondering if this works the same on Ork 3 @gamingislove?

I want to use prefixes like in Path of Exile and how you explained it in your first reply.

Is the Init Schematic in the equipment the same thing?
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • So I'm currently creating a schematic based on the advice here and it's going well so far.

It's 7 layers currently.

Question though, how can I add in Rarity tiers like Common, Epic and Legendary and have the item UI box change to the rarity color.

Think Path of Exile, Diablo and other top down arpgs (which I'm creating).
  • edited January 2022
    Yes, works the same as in ORK 2, just that schematics have replaced game events.

As for rarity, you can't have the UI box change, but you can use shortcut UI setups to adjust the button's look better. See the documentation on shortcut UI/HUD.
    The content layout in your menu screens can use the shortcut UI to add content to your buttons.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • The button change is cool, but I really need the overall rarity change for the UI Box.

I'm a bit surprised Ork doesn't have something like that built in as it's kind of a standard thing for RPGs. (And one of the features RPG Builder has that Ork can't seem to do.

Being able to set rarity tiers and different color setups would be a crucial update imo.
  • Looking at schematics, I'm wondering if I can achieve this with the Change UI Color and UI Image nodes.
  • edited January 2022
    Well, which UI (box) are we talking about in particular - i.e. which menu or HUD?

Generally, yeah, schematics could probably do that.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • The UI box for items/equipment includes the tooltip. This is what I was able to do in RPG Builder and I'm trying to replicate it.

https://youtu.be/s4G4XgFxy7M
  • I'll look into it - theoretically it should already be possible via HUD Condition components, enabling/disabling different backgrounds based on conditions.