edited January 2022 in ORK Support
I'm debugging my game and it seems, that after couple minutes of gameplay the FSP drops. So I began to investigate it and found that big portion of my game is sucked by ORK.Framework.

More importantly, on my Main Camera in the scene, like, every second, there is a 'Game Event Ticker' being generated in form of a script and it's stacking on and on. It redirects me to ORK Framework.Dll. I suspect that stacking might generate the lower FPS over few minutes of gameplay.

Loading a different scene and back resets the FPS and even that ticker, so I think that might be the cause.

Why is that being generated please and how would I prevent it?

My game is running on a 'Game time', where Makinom ticks ever 1s node and changes variables. It simulates a real time second.

Unity 2017.4.27 and ORK 2.30.2, Makinom 1.17.0
Post edited by Machal on
  • That's very strange - ORK creates only one Game Event Ticker, and that's added to the _ORK game object when ORK is initialized.

It's never added to the main camera by ORK, nor is it added more than once in the entire game.

What is your Makinom tick every second doing? Is it accessing any ORK functionality or calling some custom code?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    No custom code, it's quite complicated event and it is calling multiple ORK game events. They are one after another, but it never caused me any trouble overall for months. Only thing I've noticed is the ticker stuff.

It's pretty much a heart of the game. Generates 10s every 'wait 1s' node, so like in 6 seconds it then generates 60s, which it transfers into 1 hour. That way it creates like a day simulation.

And also checks and calls then ORK events using the ORK-Makinom plugin based on the 'hours', e.g. in the morning spawns some prefabs and stuff like that, to simulate life a bit.

It's a weird idea, but I guess creating an event that removes ticker would solve it? :)
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Oh ... yeah .. the connection plugin does that.

I've uploaded a new version for the ORK-Makinom connection plugin to fix that :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So, that 1.1.1 will work with ORK 2.30.2 and Makiom 1.17?

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'm just few days before big release on Steam and don't want some shenanigans to happen :)
  • Yes, it's the same as before, just using ORK's created game event ticker instead of creating them for each event.
  • Thanks a lot buddy!