Hi,
I have 2 questions related to dealing and receiving damage in ORK3.
How can I set a generic game object to deal specific damage (ex. element>fire) to any combatant entering its collider?
Also, how can I get the information when a combatant has been damaged (and the info related to that damage)?
  • There are 2 ways to do it:

1) Simply using machines and schematics, e.g. as in this 3D RPG Playground tutorial.
    Beside just changing a status value like that, you can also use an Use Ability Calculation or Use Item Calculation node to use status changes of an ability or item.

2) Use environmental damage dealers.
    There's an ORK 2 tutorial for a trap setup, works basically the same in ORK 3.

This can also be used for e.g. contact damage when colliding with an enemy.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It took few attempts but I managed to get it working, thank you Nicholas!
  • Let me know where you struggled, maybe I can make that process easier/better :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Your reference was very accurate, the struggle was mostly related to my learning curve :)