edited January 2022 in Makinom Support
Firstly I'd like to say thanks for this amazing product. I was compelled to become a Patron when I realized the power of this tool... now I just need to learn it.'

I am through the 06-Game-Controller step of the Space Shooter Tutorial and everything is working except that the player does not disappear when hit by an asteroid. I'd really like to figure the problem out on my own, so I am trying to debug.

It seems that Hit schematic isn't triggering. I have added the Unity Console node to the FireShot schematic with the following:

this machine objects health is <var.int=health>

I'd really like to know how to print more to the console so I can expedite my learning process. Is there a way to print the objects that triggered the machine?

The asteroids are destroyed by the bolt, so the 'Start Tagged Machine' - Starting Object:destroy node of the Hit schematic is working, right?
Post edited by GregTheAlien on
  • edited January 2022
    The player's descruction is handled in tutorial 8, so just keep following the tutorial :)

To add the name of a game object to the console, add it as an actor to the Settings node, that allows you to use actor text codes, e.g. for the name of the 1st actor: < actor.name=0> (without the space in front of the <)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, thanks for the help. Also, I can't find the Menu Settings as described in the 07-HUD section?
  • Uh ... which one?

Most of the tutorial is about setting up things in your scene view and creating prefabs out of them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Space Shooter 07-HUD instructions are to open Makinom editor and then go to Menu > Menu Settings. Maybe applies to an earlier version of Makinom?
  • I think you jumped back into the Makinom 1 tutorials - here's the 07 UI Setup tutorial for Makinom 2.
  • Wow...yep. That explains a lot. Thanks again!
  • I finished the 08-PlayersDestruction of the Space Shooter and the player still isn't destroyed by the asteroids. Bolt destroys the asteroids, but the asteroids do nothing to the Player.

I think my Hit schematic is the problem?
  • Make sure the setup on the asteroids and the player is correct - also, you did set the player as Makinom's player (see here)?
  • edited January 2022
    I neglected to add the Auto Machine with the SetPlayer schematic.
    Post edited by GregTheAlien on
  • It's always the little things :)
  • edited September 2023
    Your Unity Console node idea is a good move – extra info can speed things up. To print triggering objects, give "" a shot. And about the 'Start Tagged Machine' node, if bolts are doing the asteroid destruction dance, that node's likely doing its job. Keep tweaking, and those pesky bugs will be history. Meanwhile, you can check out alternatives, like online bingo games. I hope it's helpful!
    Post edited by sivasilvan on