• Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    @gamingislove Supercool, i was just attempting to set up real time combat in Ork3.
    I have some questions:

There is a way to use the ork auto animation system to drive an animator parameter (using it in a blend tree for movement). Could it be made possible for it to also pass a negative value? For example when the actor is moving backwards?

I am using two animation layers, the base for movement and a blend layer for arms movement (attack).
    In Ork animation settings there is an option to set layer weight for each animation, however how can i reset the layer weight to 0 when the particular animation is not being played?

In my base attack ability, the Calculate Action node which is supposed to animate target damage is not doing that. I enabled the "Play Damage Animation" option in the general battle system settings, but it's still not working.
    I am not finding any way to manually trigger the animation either, as i can't find a way to trigger an animation on the target object in the attack schematic (no way to select target as object in an any node, but if i set the animation on Player object, the anim plays correctly).
    I also would like to set other actions on the target object, like rotating it toward the attacker.
    What's the simplest way to select the targetet actor within a schematic?
    (I remember it being easier in Ork2 with battle events featuring target and user as object in many of the nodes).
    Edit: Found out using Starting Object is working as the attack target object. Is it correct?

My Ork3 setup is spawning the player combatant two times at scene start. I enabled the spawn group option in the game settings because i want the eventual party members to be spawned as well when they will be available. I set up the start game schematic like this: 1) Join group node (adding the combatant) 2) Spawn Ork Player node.
    Edit: If i disable the spawn group option, the duplicated player combatant is spawned whenever a battle is initiated. I haven't set up any battle start schematic that could cause this. Any clues?).

Found a typo in the "Is Player" node. (Is Payer)
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • @gamingislove

Hey, i just wanted to let you know that i tried to build the element ability again (now with BETA 25) and it works perfectly!
    So as promised, BETA 25 solved the saving issue! Thanks a lot.

Cheers
  • Very small thing - the "IsPlayer" schematic node currently has a typo, and appears as "IsPayer".
  • @Vlastan
    Not directly in the animation setup - but you can just add a machine/schematic to the game object feeding parameters to the animator. E.g. an Auto Machine, I'd also recommend to use a Restart Schematic at the end instead of letting the schematic stop and restart through the machine, it's better for performance :)

The layer weight needs to be set by another animation afterwards, there's no automatic reset.

The damage animation is set up in damage types, so make sure the ability/item has a damage type selected (which has animations set up).
    Yes, the Machine Object is the user, the Starting Object the target. Most of this is handled by the ANIM sub-series for the 3D RPG Playground tutorials.

Seems like you're adding the player twice - since your start event only adds one, I assume your start event is used twice, e.g. via the new game settings (start menu) and in your scene (auto machine)?

@Monkey_A_C
    Finally :D

@StevieJay
    Thanks, we don't want the player to be a payer :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Something I've been meaning to ask, is there actually a difference between these menu choices? All 3 seem to bring up ORK3 and I haven't noticed anything different with regards to window behavior, so I'm more curious than anything.

• @Acissathar
    Well, yes, but actually no :)
    The ORK Framework (Makinom) was just added for people to find ORK that don't know it's the same editor as Makinom, so they're both the same.

The Makinom (Multi-Window) allows you to open multiple Makinom editors at the same time, e.g. to compare settings side-by-side or working on multiple schematics.
    So, the other 2 will open one window and not open another if it's already opened, the multi-window one will open another window each time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
  • @gamingislove
    NavMeshAgent now works as expected with ORK 3 BETA 25.
    Thank you for everything!
  • I know it is somewhere in this forum, but I can't find it :/ How do I update Ork version from one Beta to another without loosing progress?
  • edited January 2022
    @Aratron

you just have to open your current project - than double click on the downloaded new beta - and then just click import in the automaticly opened unity window.

But read about the betas because you have to redo sometimes some steps.
    Post edited by Monkey_A_C on
  • When I did the following with the latest ORK3 beta version + Unity 2021.2.6f1, the Undo behavior was strange and I had to Clash

1:In scene view, in Hierarchy, + button [ORKFrameWork]-[HUD]-[Status Value List]
    2:Ctrl+Z to Undo
    3:The "HUD" on the Hierarchy is not deleted.
    4:If I repeat Undo further, Unity crashes.
  • edited January 2022
    Can you please improve ORK3 to work even if reload domain is disabled?
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ja/2019.4/Manual/DomainReloading.html

[Project Settings]-Editor-Enter Play Mode Options(true)-Reload Domain(false)
    If Reload Domain is disable, ORK will fail.
    If it is enable, it will take a few seconds each time to work in Play mode.
    This can become quite long if the project is large.

ORK does not have many items that can be previewed in Editor mode, and there are many items that can be explained in more than one way, and many nodes that I don't understand how they work, so I often have to repeat trial and error in Play mode, which is very tiring.

In order to alleviate this, I would like to see support for Reload Domain disable.
    This would greatly improve our quality of life, as we would be able to start playing in 0.1 seconds after pressing Play mode.
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • @Aratron
    You just import the new beta into your project, but keep an eye on what changed on the beta page. Often you'll have to redo some settings, which is noted in each release.

@joeee19
    I'll look into the undo issue.
    Reload Domain is on my todo list, but that's something for after release.
  • gamingislove said: for after release.
    https://blinkstudios.dev/roadmap/

It would be better to create such a roadmap page.
    The questions you ask on the Forum will flow, so you will be asking the same questions over and over again.
    With such a page, you can always see whether the feature request has been accepted or rejected.
    Also, if you create a User Vote function for each item, you can find out the top priority feature requests that users are looking for.
  • edited January 2022
    In ORK3 latest/Unity2021.2.6f1, the display of the Combatant screen is broken.
    Closing and restarting the ORK editor does not fix it.
    I think I pressed the "+" button from StartEquipment in Combatant.
    I don't know the exact procedure for reproducing the problem since I can't get back to the original.

Broken screen
    The shortcut tab at the top is now a single letter, and the table of contents on the right side has disappeared.

I was playing around with this area.
    Restarting Unity itself did not fix the problem.
    Then, I just deleted StartEquipment0 and it was cured.
    Post edited by joeee19 on