Hi! I have a problem with Move Detection. I set up Move Detection with Sight, but the enemy can see me even if I have Raycast turned on. This is weird, because when I'm leaving only Move Detection with "Movement" option, enemy see me like with Sight. How is this happening? Everything was working fine with previous version, now Move AI with Detection is acting weird. Please for help!
  • Oh, ok, I just saw that when I have two Move Detections (one with Sight, one with Movement) and I checked "Move Detections Needed" to "All", only one of these Move Detections will be active. The second is ignored by the enemy. I don't know why is this happening, Move Detections Needed is set to "All", not "One" so It's just weird
  • edited January 2022
    Can you give more details on your move detection setups?

Also, for the raycast line of sight check, make sure the layer setup is correct, e.g. only checking on layers that is used for things that can block view, e.g. the level architecture.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • LOL funny thing. When I set "Move Detections Needed" to "One" finally all of the Move Detections are working. Is this a bug or maybe I misunderstood something?
  • gamingislove said: Can you give more details on your move detection setups?

Also, for the raycast line of sight check, make sure the layer setup is correct, e.g. only checking on layers that is used for things that can block view, e.g. the level architecture.
    Ok so now Move AI works fine, but only when I set "Move Detections Needed" from "All" to "One". Now every Move Detection is working.

But there is a problem with Sight. You see, I set EVERY walls as Default layer. But for some reason, Enemy just see me from everywhere and It doesn't matter that I'm hiding behind walls. Layers are fine, settings in Move Detection are fine too.

Here you Can see my Move Detection set ups - https://ibb.co/gRXrYth . I see now one more thing - enemy DON'T see me with Sight. He only see me when I'm very close to him. Oh and It doesn't matter if I check or uncheck "No Combatant Radius".
  • Yeah, so when I have Real Time Battle Area (Scene), enemy is using Sight but he see me even through walls. So something is not working with Raycast. All of my walls are set as "Default" so Raycast should work fine. But it's not. When I'm not using Real Time Battle Area (Scene), enemy hears me from distance but he don't use Sight. So it's interesting
  • edited January 2022
    Try using a child object on user and target (i.e. Use Child settings). Without that, the raycast will probably just go directly on the ground or maybe even below ground, since it'll use the combatant's root for the raycasting.
    Might be that that just doesn't hit any collider.

Also, with that setup, the Movement will detect you in any case when moving faster than 3 world units per second.

Also, when using 'All' needed, is it no longer detecting anything or what's the issue?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah, I did it couple of times. "Head" objects are on the middle of characters.

Yeah, I want my enemy to detect player when he moves faster than 3 world units per second + to detect through raycast (Sight).

When using "All" needed it's using only one Move Detection, not two and this is what I want. For example, I add another Move Detection based on Movement but with Additional Range Check at 20 range. It's not working. Same thing with Movement and Sight - when I'm using "All" needed, only Sight is working, but enemy ignores Movement speed.

Is there a way to go in to debug mode or something to see how raycast is looking? If it were possible, then I could see what raycast is hitting. Right now it's hard to say - every walls and models on scene have good layers and everything looks fine with them.
  • MarcioHan said: When using "All" needed it's using only one Move Detection, not two and this is what I want. For example, I add another Move Detection based on Movement but with Additional Range Check at 20 range. It's not working. Same thing with Movement and Sight - when I'm using "All" needed, only Sight is working, but enemy ignores Movement speed.
    I forgot - when I switch to "One" needed, suddenly both Move Detections works, As if the buttons were reversed
  • I think there's more of a misunderstanding - All means that all of the detections need to detect the enemy in order for it to get detected. I.e. it has to be moving faster than 3 AND be in sight.

With One only one of them needs to detect the enemy - e.g. either being in sight or moving faster than 3 (even when not sight detected).
  • Oooh ok, I see. Now I set to ONLY detect by Sight and it works.

But when there is Movement and Sight, enemy knows where Player is, even when I'm not moving or just walking (Player combatant walk speed is 1 but in Movement Detection I have "Minimum Speed 3" ). It's like "Raycast" is not working with Movement Detection. I mean - Movement Detection works, but when I'm closer to enemy, he is following me, like he's ignoring Sight. And now I set to "One", not "All".
  • That might be their battle AI - I'd recommend checking move AI for detected targets in the battle AI.
    E.g. check this part of the 3D Action RPG tutorials.

Basically, if the enemy's battle AI selects the player as a target, it'll also be used by the move AI to e.g. move to the player to get into use range for actions.
    If you limit the battle AI to use detected targets, you can prevent this behaviour.
  • gamingislove said: That might be their battle AI - I'd recommend checking move AI for detected targets in the battle AI.
    E.g. check this part of the 3D Action RPG tutorials.
    Umm... Yeah, but this is a tutorial for ORK 3. I'm using ORK 2.
  • Sorry, the whole ORK 2/3 thing is sometimes confusing in the forum :)

Anyway, even in ORK 2, this works the same way and also uses the same nodes.
  • No problem.

But there is no "Check Move AI Target" node in ORK 2.
  • Which ORK 2 version are you using?
    Latest ORK 2.34.0 definitely has them (just checked).