edited January 2022 in ORK Support
Hey GiL,

I have recipe type A and recipe type B that are subtypes of recype type AB. Then C and D being sub of CD.

Now AB is cool and displayed with A and B types using their own GUI box.

But, I would like AB and CD, to be a sub-type of ABCD recipe type, because it would sub-merge them and I don't have to click few times through the types to get them accessed.
Problem now is, when AB and CD are sub-types of ABCD recipe type, I can't view them separately as AB and CD with sub-merged types, because ORK shows 'only the parent group'.

Is there a script I can use during runtime, that e.g. Recipe Type ID:3 can become a sub-type of Recipe Type ID:4 please? I would implement it when player clicks the button.
And then ofcourse back, script that removed the sub-type?

Thanks for prompt reply,

Machal
Post edited by Machal on
  • There's usually a Merge Sub Types setting in the available type settings of the menu screen part to do just that :)

E.g. in the Crafting menu part, it'll list all crafting recipes under their root parent type (or whatever type is available due to your setup).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    Merge Sub Types setting will merge them under a Root Parent. Problem is that only the Root Parent type is displayed.

If you want to access sub types only, you have to click through the parent and then use a 'back' button functionality, which is kinda bad, as it even causes the closing of the whole menu.

I can't use that function with No. 2 option.

1. I want to display Root parent with sub types with one-click on one button. Yes, Merge Sub Types function serves for that

BUT

2. To display only sub-types in that Parent, without displaying the Parent.

Changing the sub-types during runtime will solve this issue.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • edited January 2022
    Have you tried defining the crafting types that should be displayed? Just not add the parent type and only add the types you want to display.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    Yes, if you define only the subtypes of the parent, nothing gets displayed in type nor recipes whether 'merge' is on or off. (Maybe this is where the whole problem is).

It only works when I turn 'merge sub types' off and define sub types but also their parents. But then, 2 wrong things happen:
    1. I have to click through the types and you need a back button...
    2. Even when I click through it, it may display nothing, because, the Parent counts there is a sub-type, though it's not one of the four that should be visible, so there is no filter.

Note, that If I use Set Start Parent Type function that works well the way I want but, I'm using 4 parents with 4 sub-types, so that's not useful.

Dynamic sub-type changing during runtime is the only solution here buddy. Or setting multiple parents, but that's like a new feature.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Hm, yeah - tested it, seems like merge sub types doesn't work with only defined types. I'll check it out, that should be the way to do it :)
  • Sounds cool, though what does it mean for my current situation? Will there be any fix for the older version? Or some plug-in fix or patch fix?
  • Which version are you on?
  • Ork 2.30.2
  • Well, you'll have to update to a new ORK 2 release with the fix once it's available.
  • Haha, I'm 2 years in development, in store sale, can't just upgrade like that.
  • Contact me via email (contact@orkframework.com) - it's not something that can be changed without changing the source code, but I can send you a version based on ORK 2.30.2 (once I have fixed it).
  • Thanks, will do, appreciate it!