Yes, it's finally here!

It's been a long road, and I'd like to thank everyone for participating in the beta phase, making ORK 3 a better framework for all of you!

ORK 3 is already available in the Asset Store, if you've purchased ORK 2 in 2021 or 2022 (before ORK 3's release on January 31, 2022), you should be able to upgrade for free. If not, let me know and I'll look into it!
Otherwise, an upgrade from any previous ORK version (even ORK 1), when purchased in the Asset Store) will let you upgrade for $50.

Also, to celebrate ORK 3's release, there's a 50% discount for the first 2 weeks after launch - the discount ends on February 13/14, 2022 (not sure how the asset store handles it :D). So, everyone can get it for $50 for now :)

If all of this is new for you - check out ORK 3's GUIDE.
It's filled to the brim with extensive documentation and tutorials, e.g.:
- learn setting up a status system
- create a 3D RPG with turn based or active time battles
- create a 3D action RPG with real time combat

You can find ORK 2's resoruces, tutorials and plugins in the new ORK 2 Hub section.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • [dances enthusiastically]

Congratulation, a job well done!

When will grid battle demo be updated?
  • There'll be a new grid battle tutorial series for ORK 3, probably based on the 3D RPG Playground series.
    Not sure exactly when, next in line is a short 2D tutorial series (similar in length as the 3D Action RPG series).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Woo! I started putting together a new Unity project in anticipation of this release. Excited to check it out!

Any chance ORK 2 projects will be upgradable to ORK 3 at a later date? I thought I remembered reading somewhere on the site that there may be a tool to upgrade sometime after the release, but I could have imagined that.
  • An upgrade tool for ORK 2 projects is planned, but work on it hasn't started yet (and will take some time).
    Current focus is on new tutorials for different types of projects.

Also, it'll definitely not be able to upgrade your whole project and you'll have to redo parts in any case (e.g. UI being completely revamped).
  • Awesome! I figured a number of things would have to be redone. But the new UI revamp is one of the main reasons I want to upgrade my ORK 2 project, lol.

Thanks for all your hard work on this!
  • Congrats on the release, was fun to be a part of the beta and learn the new system while also (hopefully) being of use testing :) Starting with the old unity 5 version with the different packages for shops and the like, it's awesome seeing what it's become. ORK3 has been a blast.
  • gamingislove said: There'll be a new grid battle tutorial series for ORK 3, probably based on the 3D RPG Playground series.
    I'm looking forward to that. I liked the Mission Grid Battles from ORK 2.
  • Congratulations on the release! Your work is extremely impressive!
  • Thanks everyone :)
    It'd also immensely help if you can leave a (hopefully positive) review in the Asset Store - thanks to those who already did!

As for what to expect for the near future:

1) Small update coming probably next week (or this week, if some critical issue is discovered).
    Already added a bunch of stuff, mainly related to types being able to override UI informations. E.g. status effect types can override flying texts for all their status effects, instead of having to set it up for each effect - this allows you to have different flying texts for positive/negative effects without much work.
    The same has been added for many other types, e.g. ability/item types can define shortcut UI for their content, etc.

2) I'll start working on the next tutorial series this week - it's gonna go 2D this time.
    It'll be a shorter series (like the 3D Action RPG series), focusing on a specific game style and not bothering with too much details like interactions, quests, etc.
    Not 100% sure on which battle system it'll use yet, either turn based or maybe phase with grid battles.
  • edited February 2022
    Congratulations on finally getting it released!
    I bought ORK3 right away!!!!
    I bought my first ORK2 8 years ago, and it's gone by so fast!

I'm going to try my best to make great games with this ORK3 this year, and use the proceeds to become a GiL patron!

Thank you for continuing to update a really great framework!
    ORK3 is getting much better, and I feel like I can make any game with RPG elements in any genre!

Now if you could just make it MMO RPG compatible (https://unity.com/ja/products/multiplay)(https://unity.com/ja/products/netcode), that would be great!
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • Congrats on ORK3! I'm sure it was a huge undertaking. The new tutorials and starter projects look great too.

Please let me know if there's anything we can do to help with getting that upgrade tool from ORK2 completed. I'm excited to try ORK3 once that's available.
  • edited February 2022
    @gamingislove Some questions:
    Could menu screens also have the option to block camera ?
    Also is "pause game" option supposed to blocking ui input as well?

What do you think could be the cause of such animation jittering ?

Combatants are using a simple hunt move ai. Animation blending happens with speed parameter passed on by ork auto animation.

Also i have this strange problem where battles don't start anymore after the first one has been won.
    (The video shows combatants hunting the player, but the battle doesn't start anymore. First battle after play mode start gets triggered succesfully)
    Post edited by Vlastan on
  • @megaphemeral
    The upgrade tool will most likely also have a beta phase, e.g. first only upgrading a few things (like starting with status values), adding more data that can be upgraded over time.
    So, it'd be great if people can participate in that and test upgrade their projects and check if the data is correct - but yeah, it's still some time off :)

@Vlastan
    The Block Control should already block both player and camera controls.
    Pause Game should in fact block UI inputs that are not related to stuff that's used in pause (e.g. the menu screens that pause the game).

As for the animations, if they're moved by physics, set the combatant's Update Mode to Fixed Update in the combatant's prefab settings. Since the speed is calcualted based on position changes, which only happen based on physics frames, this'll lead to speed jumping from 0 to high values when not matching the update mode to also use physics.

As for the battles - check their Scene ID, either don't use it (i.e. battles are repeatable) or use unique IDs for each battle (can be done for all battles in the scene via the Reset All Scene IDs button).
  • @gamingislove combatants with jittering animations are moved by navmesh agent
  • @Vlastan
    Hm, make sure to use thresholds in your hunting ranges (and other ranges). Thresholds prevent constant switching between stop and go when being at the edge of the range.
    It might also just be an issue with the values of the blend tree or your general walk animation setup (since that seems only to happen at low speed).