edited August 2014 in ORK Support
I found a bug with the gui when showing stats in the equipment or status menu.

Basically when you equip an item, the stats don't update correctly until you enter a battle, but it only effects the 2nd (or additional) party members, the main characters status screen works fine...

For example, I have 2 players in the group, player 1 and 2. They both start with 10 Strength. They get a dagger from a battle and the dagger gives +5 strength. Now if I give this dagger to player 1, the stats preview strength 15 and update correctly when it is equipped, shows strength 15. Now if I un-equip it, again the stats preview strength 10 and update correctly, strength goes back down to 10. Now if I give the dagger to player 2, the preview of the stats highlights the change to strength showing 15 as I am choosing the dagger to equip, but when I hit enter and it gets equipped, his strength stat shows 10 again, as if its not effecting the player 2. I have another separate status screen showing the current stats, and it does not update either, it shows his strength as 10 even thought the dagger is equipped. I thought that it was a very nasty bug, but if you enter combat(im using turn based not sure about other modes) - that stats become accurate! I have a status screen in the battle, and the strength of player 2 now shows 15, and it works correctly. Now after the battle if I go into the menu and un-equip the dagger from player 2, it does not reflect the change, preview shows 10, but when it gets unequipped it still says 15 strength doh. But again if I enter a battle, it then updates the stat and shows 10 as it should be without the dagger equipped...

So its a slight (very confusing) bug with the gui, where it does not update the stats for additional party members(also tried with a 3rd party member and only the 1st main character seems to work properly) Thankfully the stats update for battle, so its not game breaking, but it is rather confusing and hope it can be fixed.

**Ok so I just tested it with my real time battle area and can see a major issue here. The stats do not update as the battle doesnt really start or end since it always on. So equipping items has no effect on the stats for addition party members in this mode. Doesnt seem to update even if you change area or reload the current one, only thing that seems to fix it is entering a tb/at/phase battle arena.
Post edited by matzart on
  • Can't confirm that - working fine on my end.
    I'll need a test Unity project where this is happening (send it to contact@orkframework.com).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • If you don't find anything in matzart's project, I have the same issue and can send another test project for more checking. =)
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Sent. :)
  • Ok, found the issue - will be fixed in the next update :)
    Seems like unspawned group members wont be updated, for now you can fix that by enabling Spawn Group in the game settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!