Hi folks,

I am right now playing with some RPG game mechanics. I would like to know if OrkFramework would help me to implement some features I need:

- combat rule system. Are D&D or GURPS rules supported?
- I would like to have the battle system similar to that in the game "Wizardry 8". I am specially interested in if Ork can help me to place and move enemie groups (and enemnies withing each group). Enemies should block each other and get blocked by obstacles, etc.
  • AticAtac said: - combat rule system. Are D&D or GURPS rules supported?
    I'd say yes, but depends on the specifics. ORK itself is just a framework where you can make your own rules.
    AticAtac said: - I would like to have the battle system similar to that in the game "Wizardry 8". I am specially interested in if Ork can help me to place and move enemie groups (and enemnies withing each group). Enemies should block each other and get blocked by obstacles, etc.
    ORK's move AI feature lets you do this - however, the move AI only determines movement positions, the actual movement is not handled by ORK. You can e.g. use things like NavMesh or other pathfinding solutions for this.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the fast answer.
    This is a very interesting framework and I will buy it.

Can you recommend any good YT tutorials? (There are many of them, and some are very outdated)
  • I'd recommend following ORK's tutorial series:
    - status system setup
    - 3D RPG playground

They're not videos, but teach you the basics by setting up a project from scratch. You can also complete them with ORK's free test version, so you can first check out if ORK is for you before making the purchase :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!