• Ok thank you very much I have fixed it. This and all the errors that arose until the flying text.
    Thank you for your infinite wisdom and help.
  • Hello, I'm still on my way and I wanted to ask you if you can put grid cells in turn-based combat to locate the characters and change them? Greetings and thank you
  • Well, sure - battle grids are available in all battle systems.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is there no tutorial for battle grids in turn based combat? I've been trying to create them for days and I can't find how to do it or how to implement it. Another question for the skill animation events is there something to change for the 2D effects or particles do not work for me. Thanks a lot :)
  • There's a 10-part series on grid battles for ORK 2.

Make sure your particle effects are rotated correctly to be visible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for your answer above.

How could it be done so that if I leave the mouse over an ability it tells me what it does or the same info of the ability?

Thank you very much again
  • That's a job for Tooltip type HUDs :)
    The HUD itself has to set up for which content it is displayed, but your menus (e.g. battle menu, menu screens) also need to enable showing tooltips.
  • Thank you very much I already got the texts.

A couple of questions if I upgrade to ORK 3 do I lose everything I have on ORK 2?
    Is there a way to make taunt ability so enemies attack the tank?

Thanks a lot
  • Currently yes - I have an upgrade tool planned that'll be able to upgrade parts of your projects, but definitely not your whole project. It's also some time away.

Using such an ability makes use of status effects and the battle AI.
    Your taunt ability adds a status effect to the user marking it as the primary target. The enemy's battle AI checks for that effect being applied and uses that combatant as target.
    ORK 3's status system setup tutorials do something like this with the provoke ability and battle AI. While this is for ORK 3, you can use the same way in ORK 2.
  • Hello, thank you very much for the answers as always.

I have been trying to solve the error for 2 weeks and transition animations (idle, attack, damage)
    I make the animations of my 2d sprite by unity and I put them in the animation component but it does not transition in any way I get an error. Neither by event nor anything I leave you two images to see if you can please help me with this.

https://postimg.cc/1nHjMr5F
    https://postimg.cc/c6xjC2XB

• edited February 2022
    2D/sprite animations are not supported by the legacy animation system (i.e. the Animation component). You need to use Mecanim, i.e. animator controllers and the Animator component.

You have both on your game object, you should only use one (and also have that one set up for your combatants, i.e. animation setup in Base/Control > Animations and using the Mecanim animation system for your combatants).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I have managed to do all the animations with the method you told me but the damage one does not come out after trying millions of things. Some advice for the damage animation I did it as it appears in the mecanim animation tutorial and it never jumps. Thank you very much for your help always.

• If your animation setup is correct, it's most likely the damage animation not being played due to your setup.

The damage animation is played based on the Damage Type of the ability or item. The damage type is usually defined by the ability/item type, but each ability/item can also override this.
    The damage types are set up in Base/Control > Damage Types, the default setup in a new project will use the (also default added) Damage animation type.
  • Good after a while I still can't get the damage animation. I have followed the ork mecanim tutorial by heart and I have created as it tells me. I keep in mind that my prefabs are 2D. I have created a damage type for damage skills and inserted it into damage type. I have put the trigger as the ork mecanim tutorial says with its damage trigger and it never jumps. Nothing is happening to me?
    Is there a way to do it manually?
  • edited March 2022
    Can you post a screenshot of your animator controller setup?

Also, try using Play instead of triggering the animation via parameters. Using parameters might be overruled or due to your transition setup never really being reached. And check your transition exit times, e.g. if you exit from any animation without an exit time it might just directly go back to your idle/movement animations.
    Post edited by gamingislove on