A few questions about using Dialogue and more specifically in battle...
Is there any way to set up where the UI can spawn physically in the game world?
IE have text bubbles appear above respective game objects, along the Z axis as well as the X and Y position

What is the best way to set up dialogue in combat? Having trouble getting specific characters in groups say the lines they should, I can have a group or ally group have dialogue appear above, but if i want a specific party member or enemy to say a line, i'm not sure how to do that without the "Actor" component that exists in the normal Game Events instead of Battle Events
  • 1) ORK 2 doesn't support world space canvas, while you can display dialogues or HUDs on screen at the position of game objects, you can't physically display them in the scene like that.

2) That depends on what kind of battle dialogue ... e.g. if it's part of their action (e.g. saying something before or after an attack), just add that in the battle events animating the action. Battle events have automatically set up actors for User and Target of the action.
    You can also use Custom Combatant Events, they're set up in the combatant's Base Settings > Game Event Settings > Custom Events (or default events for all combatants in Battle System > Battle Settings in the Combatant Settings > Default Events > Custom Events).
    They use game events and can be started by other events (e.g. also battle events) via a matching event key.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Does ORK 3 support world space?
    Planning on migrating to ORK 3 at some point when I have a lot of free time :)

Sometimes it's several characters exchanging dialogue during a battle start event for example. Probably best for me to use the Custom Combatant events. There are three main party characters who frequently have random dialogue between themselves and enemies
  • Not yet, but soon.
    Flying texts already allow it, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • amazing wow! heck yes