I am starting the base tutorials and they are very confusing... Maybe its just me.

I am starting with the 3D action tutorial. It is confusing with regard to what to install and what is the flow

Do I need the completed project package or the individual packages?
What scene is put in the build settings the only scene is in the effects package? Or create a new scene.

It tells me to change layer 10 that is already set to postprocessing???? and change to Combatants?

I am finding the flow of the tutorials very confusing.. How about some video tutorials with commentary as visuals are important for learning. No one learns from just reading text books one has to apply what is read so to speak.
Separate the information don't put the completed tutorial info inline with the actual tutorial keep them separate to avoid confusion.

I have been wanting to use this system for quite some time but just get so far and then dead in the water. I have asked for help on different topics and sorry but the answers of just do this or that without explaining where does no good what so ever.

Really want to learn this and making the learning curve easier with concise tutorials or answers would be helpful. Quite sure I am not the only one the is confused.
Cheers
Greed is not sustainable without elements of human suffering.
  • You need the tutorial assets pack - the one with the download button here.
    The Used Assets just list what's used in the project to give credit to them.

After you've downloaded the tutorial assets pack, you follow the setup steps that are listed here.

If you create a new Unity project you don't have any post processing or layer 10 set up - create a new 3D project via the Unity Hub.

The 3D Action RPG tutorial assets only have one scene, the Scene scene (as mentioned here).

Granted, though, I should make some things more clearer (e.g. that you only need the asset pack via the download button). I'll work on that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've updated the 3D Action RPG's start tutorial.

Hopefully the new structure and wording makes things clearer, let me know if it helps :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!