First joined release of ORK 3 and Makinom 2!

ORK 3.1.0 adds 46 new features changes and fixes.
Updates for controls, animations, combatant portraits, long list of updates for various types (e.g. item types, quest types, etc.), new default settings for raycast targeting and improvements for grid painting!

Makinom 2.2.0 only adds few new features, but important ones at that.
You can now have multiple interaction controllers on the player and also limit what they can interact with (via machine types). E.g. you can have a wide sphere IC around the player to collect items but only a small area in front of the player for interacting with other things. Priority sorting allows to prioritize certain controllers.
Flying texts got a huge improvement - you can define if a game object in the scene is created for positioning or not.
When not creating a game object, you can still move the flying text around via the Change UI nodes. However, you can anow also use a prefab for the created game object - e.g. adding physics to it will get you physics-based flying texts ... or adding a world space canvas will place the flying text's UI on that canvas instead of the screen canvas!
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here's a short tutorial on having fun with the new flying text possibilities.
    Use prefabs to add physics and world space canvas to flying texts!
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove

super nice! Love this gameplay bits series. So we can expect more to come?
  • @Monkey_A_C
    Yep - they're the new version of the ORK 2 gameplay tutorials :)
    You probably have already seen the new multi interaction controller tutorial.

I'm also open for suggestions/wishes for new tutorials.
  • @gamingislove

yes i have seen them - very neat!

Ah cool that there will be a new version of it! This is great news.

I would love to suggest but its hard to think of something if i am not sure whats possible at all ;))

One thing i was thinking about recently is the question about a minimap hud.

In ORK 2 you had the Gameplay tutorial about a Navigation Bar - which is very nice.

Additionally to that style of navigation i would love to see a minimap in the top corner as a hud.

And maybe its possible to show also how to display a minimap as a single hud on screen (fullscreen) as part of like a map which you access in the options (M as hotkey f.e.)

- also if its possible to have a fog as long as its undiscovered!?

So basically all kinds of ideas and possibilities for maps and navigation :))

Maybe you can consider making something about this topic!

Greetings!

• Suggestions:

-Various A.I examples
    - Show off how behaviors work
    - Complex schematics involving layers
    - How to use turn based elements in real time.
    - How to use real time elements in turn based.
    - Advanced stuff with collision type for dage dealers
    - Making a stealth player
    - Lockpicking
    - Stealing with npc reaction (i.e Skyrim)
    - Using schematics for proc gen
    - Using that nifty Terrain node
    - Summoning class/spells
    - Minion A.I
    - Adding things like sockets fo equipment
    - Creating a world/teleport map
    - Using the various machines
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • Definitely interested in all of the map options @Monkey_A_C mentioned.
  • SK1SK1
    edited February 2022
    @gamingislove
    This function is not available in ork3, you can't choose which object is the start object and which object is the event object.
    I want the player to trigger the door to rotate when he is near the door, ORK2 set the door frame as the start object and the door as the event object, and the door is rotating, but now I can't set this in ORK3.
    Post edited by SK1 on
  • ORK has no map functionality and there's currently none planned. Minimaps can be created using render textures in HUDs, though :)

@SK1
    Add an actor to your schematic and use the actor type Game Object.
    After saving the schematic, you have the Actors available in the machine component to select game objects.