edited February 2022 in ORK Support
Hello Gil!

I'm developing a game with Battle Grid, Phase battle.

Trouble: Status Value Armor consumable.

I created a Status Value called Consumable-type Armor, which is based on Combatant Defense.

This Status Value generates an Armor bar above the HP bar.

The idea is that this Armor bar is consumed first, and only after it reaches zero, the HP bar starts to be consumed.

For that, I set target changes to affect Armor, with Armor type requirements (Armor), and affect HP.

The problem is that it looks like the requirement is not being respected. It is affecting both Status Values ​​with the same value.

I must be missing something here.

Can you help me please?

Thanks in advance,
Post edited by Vykthorius on
  • edited February 2022
    There is a built-in system for that - check out the Barrier Settings in your HP (consumable).

You can use other Consumable type status values to work as barriers, i.e. be consumed instead of your health (or other stats) when it's targeted. This also allows you to set how much is consumed, e.g. 100% to fully consume or 50% to have 50% of damage reduce the barrier and the rest damage the actual status value.

For a custom system via target changes and requirements, here's the order important. The target changes are used in order they're listed, e.g. if the first change causes armor to go to 0, there is no armor left to protect the next change affecting HP. Having them reversed (first HP change, 2nd armor change) will solve something like this.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • GiL, works perfectly now.

Thank you very much!
  • You can also make individual target changes (and other status changes) ignore barriers.
    And in case you want to have attacks that only attack the barrier, just use the barrier status value instead of your HP.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!