Hi again,
I was following some tutorials to adapt the mecanim system of my character to new Ork 3, I´ve watched the Ork2 Rusted games tutorials https://youtube.com/watch?v=8wbXdBipH5o&list=PLlTjzpNeSTizLbCI7mnx-DcIkCNy3rF_I&index=6 and watched the previous Ork 2 tutorials, because my character don´t use root motion animation. I used trigger parameters for play animations (jump, evade, attack etc) and the play parameters for walk and run animation. But when I play the game the characters move but don´t play the walk parameter animation and when I play Jump keycode, the player doesn´t jump, I don´t know If I forgot something or I didn´t set up parameters correctly.
  • When not using root motion, you can forward the movement speed to your animator controller via the animation setup in Base/Control > Animations. E.g. the 2D tutorials use this (see here, but ignore the move direction setup).

When using Mecanim I'd recommend to forward the movement speed and let the animator controller handle playing idle/movement based on that. So, basically like the 3D action RPG tutorials, but instead of having the controls forward the speed, you have the animation setup do it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • When using Mecanim I'd recommend to forward the movement speed and let the animator controller handle playing idle/movement based on that. So, basically like the 3D action RPG tutorials, but instead of having the controls forward the speed, you have the animation setup do it.
    I can set up following the mecanim´s Ork2 Tutorials?

The other issue I found is the Jump key, I watched another project I made with Ork2, I tried to set up the same parameters to get the hero character jumping, but the character doesn´t jump when I press the respective keycode.
  • Yes, ORK 2 and ORK 3 work pretty much the same with animations. Some settings are a bit different (e.g. you can add multiple animation setups to combatants) or renamed, but it works generally the same way.

How's your player control set up?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How's your player control set up?
    Here are my player control settings
    https://imgur.com/a/pRe70by
    https://imgur.com/a/F91k2p0

Then when I press space keybar, it happens something like this video
    https://imgur.com/BZPTLlR

• Since you seem to have it based on the 3D action RPG tutorials, are you also using the roll ability? This is fired via space as well, so it might be that it interferes with jumping.

Also, make sure you're using the Find Ground settings for your combatant (or general combatant settings for all).
    The jump animation is only played when using auto animations - otherwise use the Set Vertical Speed setup in your combatant's Mecanim animations to forward the jump/fall speed like horizontal movement speed.

Generally, the jump functionality from the Button player controls are very simple, so if you want to have better jumping I'd recommend using custom controls.
  • edited March 2022
    gamingislove said: Also, make sure you're using the Find Ground settings for your combatant (or general combatant settings for all).
    The jump animation is only played when using auto animations - otherwise use the Set Vertical Speed setup in your combatant's Mecanim animations to forward the jump/fall speed like horizontal movement speed.

Generally, the jump functionality from the Button player controls are very simple, so if you want to have better jumping I'd recommend using custom controls
    But in that case I must set up my Mecanims animation parameters and create 2 float parameters, one for Jump and another for Horizontal movement (Speed)? or these settings only run with Root Motion animation, isn´t it?

I create another Animation controller for my player character with triggers parameters (for walk, jump attack etc) In the action RPG tutorials uses one float parameters for speed and Root Motion with blend tree for movement
    Post edited by berbelias on
  • Doesn't matter if it's for root motion or not if you drive animations based on parameters. Both the root motion in the player controls and the speed forwarding in the animation setup do the same thing, set the parameter to the speed so that the animator controller can play the correct animations.

As I said earlier, when not using root motion, use the set parameter speed options and you can still use the same animation setup (blend tree).