edited March 2022 in ORK Support
I have problems in animating turn based battles in Unity maximised window. In default window everything works fine, but when it is maximised, moving animation stutters, model sinks into ground and so on(I included video of that). But this behaviour is only in battle mode - outside of battle all animations works fine even in maximised window.

Edit: Oh and I use same Idle, Run and Walk animations in battle and outside. And I use Mecanim animations which are set up following @Keldryn tutorial

https://streamable.com/5k7y4o
Post edited by Aratron on
  • This looks more like a movement issue, not an animation issue. The grid move will move the combatant to the position, while the regular movement just moves the combatant into directions.

I think this result is due to your combatant prefab's pivot not being at it's feed (i.e. it's local position X=0, Y=0, Z=0 seems to be somewhere in the prefab's center).
    Depending on how your grid move schematic is moving the combatant it's probably moving that pivot/center position to the cell.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove , well issue was not the prefabs pivot(it was on it's feet). But when you hinted, that it is not an animation issue I started looking into my schematic and in my change position node Apply gravity under the Move was ticked. Turning it off fixed the problem.
    What is strange to me, why did it cause problems only in maximized view?
    But thanks anyway - you put me on the right track :)
  • Oh and while on the topic I would like to ask one thing:
    I want to do turn based with action points(kinda like first fallouts etc) where you can do several actions in turn if you have enough action points. So is there a possibility to reuse last selected action? For example I have 10 AP and attack cost 3AP. I can attack three times in a turn. So is it possible to not select attack button/menu every time, but simply select it for the first attack and then only click three times on the target?
  • Aratron said: What is strange to me, why did it cause problems only in maximized view?
    Probably a Unity mystery :D
    Aratron said: So is there a possibility to reuse last selected action?
    That's currently not possible. Battle menus can remember the selections, i.e. you'd just have to accept a couple times.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!