Hi!

I'm still working on a phase grid battle prototype and it's getting better everyday (still learning so much everyday too!).

I have a little question I haven't been able to figure out...

I'm trying to set up a game you can play only using the mouse (I'm using a few keyboards shortcuts, but technically, you could do everything with the mouse), and I'm trying to minimize the number of input menus in battle to accelerate gameplay.

Now let's say I have a player character using a single target skill, and there are two targets avaiable. Instead of showing a menu where you click on the name of the target, I have the player directly click on the cell of the target (both cells turn red to show that). So far so good, but my question is: is it possible to make blink the target character that is under the mouse cursor?

Right now, Ork makes the default target blink, and it's possible to change that target with the keys, but since I'm removing those inputs (it's counter intuitive when there's no menu!), I want to change the blinking target simply by moving the mouse cursor over the target (so the player can be sure they're targeting the correct target when there are a few next to each other). Is there a way to do that?

Thank you :)
  • Check out the Mouse/Touch Control settings in Battles > Target Settings - you can e.g. enable Cursor Over Selection to automatically select the combatant below the cursor.

Generally, the target settings contain most of the (regular non-grid) target selection handling, you can e.g. also disable showing the target selection menu here.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow... I've spent a lot of time searching in that menu and I've never seen that option...
    Thank you for the reply!

I've got another little question on the same subject: highlighting the character with mouseover works fine now, but is it possible not to highlight any target by default and wait until the mouse cursor passes over a target before highlighting the target? Right now, as soon as I click on a skill, one target starts to blink by default.

I've looked a way to manage the default target but I can't seem to find the option for that.

As always, thank you very much!
  • No, there's always a selected target in this target selection.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, thank you for the reply.
  • edited March 2022
    @gamingislove , I have similar problem, so will not make another topic and will ask there:
    I have problem with Accept only selected - it always performs action after first click. No target highlight or anything. Also target highlight doesn't work too, even if I select target via battle menu. Could it be because my combatants are UMA's? Selected(by Menu) Enemy HUD highlight works as intended.
    Post edited by Aratron on
  • @Aratron
    As said above, there's always a selected target - so even if no highlight is displayed, one of the targets is selected.
    Is this happening for each possible target, or do you have a single target available (in which case it's already selected)?

If the target highlight isn't working it's most likely your shader(material not supporting color changes. Or the renderer is on a child object and you don't have Fade Children enabled.
  • @gamingislove , yeah it was that - with two targets it selects first and with second click performs actions. Thanks.
    About Highlights - UMA use URP Lit shader which supports changing color. And maybe it would be possible to make Highlight option that change not the color, but objects layer? That way it would be possible to make our own highlights or outlines regardless of existing shader just by changing layer and making it render Highlight material on top.