• Hello Gil!

Do not worry. You are the best! We will make it.

I did as you said and the problem still persists. My Join Battle Animations is disabled.

I also disabled Auto Join Battle, but nothing has changed.

Could it be something in the "Join Battle" node?

Or in the "Target Settings" skill setting?

Destination type = All
    Target Range = None
    Is Dead = No

Not on Auto = On
    Select target cell = enabled

Raycast Settings = Disabled

Use range settings
    Range Type = Model
    Model = Grid Line 2

I've shared screenshots of the "Change Position" node with you.

Grateful,
  • Except for Use Center being disabled in my test, the setup is the same. But if the Join Battle Animation is disabled, the Join Battle node should already place the combatant on the cell anyway.

I've tested it with a very simple setup and that works:
    - ability has None target range and uses cell selection
    - the battle event animating the ability uses simply a Join Battle node

Try a simple setup like this as well, maybe something else in your battle event (that I don't know of yet) has an impact on it otherwise.

If you don't get it working with such a setup, it's probably best if you can send me a small Unity test project with your setup where this happens. You can reduce the size of the project by deleting the Library folder fron the Unity project - zip it up and upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    Hello Gil!

I tried to do as you said, simple event with just one Join Battle node, but nothing has changed.

About the Project, delete the Library folder and it's still big... Can i delete some skills from this copy and leave only the skill in question? Can i also delete Assets as they are the biggest files?

I feel this is a fundamental key to the dynamics of my game.

Thank you in advance,
    Post edited by Vykthorius on
  • Sure, you can delete assets that aren't needed - I just need a working project where your issue occurs to check it out :)
    So, as long as the assets that are needed for it (e.g. player/enemy prefab, battle events, etc.) are there and working, that's enough.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello Gil!

Shared project. The skill in question is number 932 Summoner.

Thank you!
  • I'll check it out.
  • Hello @gamingislove!

Were you able to access the shared project?

Thank you in advance,
  • Sorry, I didn't get to it yet.
  • Hi @gamingislove !

I can help with something?

Thanks,
  • Seems like I can't download the project any longer, sorry for waiting this long. Can you reupload it?
  • I understand. Shared Project.
  • Thanks, I've downloaded it and will check it out soon.
  • Alright, tested it - had to set up a dummy prefab for the combatants to get it working, though.

The summon skill works fine for me. The new combatant is spawned/placed at the selected grid cell as it should. Did I miss what the issue here is?

As for the camera focusing on the last enemy, that's due to that enemy being the last who had a turn. When the player's phase starts, there is no combatant automatically selected, since you use the combatant selection to determine who'll select/use actions next, so there's no automatic camera focus on any of the player combatants.
    You can do this using phase start events, though - they're set up in the settings of the faction.