edited March 2022 in General Support
Hello GiL, or anyone one else who sees this message and might be able to help. So I have been following the tutorials from status set up to the end of 02 Start Menu.

my problem is this and im sure it is an easy fix, but i'm not comfortable enough to veer away from the tutorials. So after some initial troubles with not getting the UI Box to show, I was able to get it working by using the prebuilt assets, im not sure why the schematic and UI box i made didn't work, hopefully my next go through I will understand it better, but anyways, now my problem is this. I cant navigate either with WASD or with the arrow keys but I was able to make a selection with the mouse button.
and im not spawning into the world scene for some reason, it worked when I tried it in the world scene earlier in the tutorial.
Post edited by BigBen on
  • Check the Default Controls in UI > UI Boxes > General Settings, they should usually be set up correctly in a new project.

If new game doesn't load your game scene, either your scene isn't set up (or added to the build settings), or maybe your Unity project's time scale is set to 0. You can check that in Edit > Project Settings... > Time in the Unity menu.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    Thank you for the reply GiL,
    so default controls are set up as
    accept 2 > input id setting 0 ID 0 key code axis 1 positive key is Space
    cancel 3
    vert axis 1
    hor axis 0
    accept L click enabled
    input settings
    auto enabled
    loop enabled
    unfocused highlight enabled
    tab setting
    loop enabled
    next 8
    previous 9

in build settings 0-8 are set up like in the tutorial.

time scale in project settings> Time was set to 1 and I changed it to 0

alright so controls are working, I got Space by working by basically taking it off and putting it back on. and i adjusted the vert and hort axis by changing it to the movement selections instead of the menu option.

I'm still not spawning into the game World from the Start Menu. And I think it has something to do with in that scene I can't spawn even for a playtest.
    I have a spawn point 0 and a ORK game starter in the scene but it just shows me the view of the main camera set up.
    so while continuing the tutorial I discovered that my layer 10 was not set to Combatants for whatever reason i'm not sure I probably didnt save the editor after I did it last time, gotta force that in my head to make sure i always save always. Alright so, I added layer 10 and i was hoping that would solve it but nope still just shows the main camera which is located in the forest right outside of town. Spawn point 0 is located in town. Hmm, possibly missing a step in setup somewhere but not sure where.

Post edited by BigBen on
  • BigBen said: time scale in project settings> Time was set to 1 and I changed it to 0
    No, time scale needs to be 1, or your game doesn't progress at all :)

Are you using a start game schematic, where you join a player combatant and spawn it?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    Ah, good to know. Thank you for the clarification.
    yeah I'm using the start schematic that came with the tutorial.
    I have a thought that i might have a different schematic somewhere and they may be conflicting. Worse comes to worse i'm excited for round two with the tutorial, I am so much more familiar with it for next time. I just need to learn how to identify issues better to ask for your assistance.
    Does ORK have like a console log like Unity does? or is it possible to use unitys to identify problems? I do have a lot of
    NullReferenceExceptions of an object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.UnityUIHelper.CreateHUD (GamingIsLove.Makinom.HUDSetting settings, UnityEngine.GameObject prefab, GamingIsLove.Makinom.UILayerAsset layerAsset) (at <5698098e686146c1a33b342db04f09f4>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.UnityUIObjectHUDSettings.CreateHUD (GamingIsLove.Makinom.HUDSetting settings) (at <3f6ba2b5719e40868807867e3914724e>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ObjectHUDInstance.CreateHUD () (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ObjectHUDInstance..ctor (GamingIsLove.Makinom.HUDSetting settings, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ObjectHUDSetting typeSettings) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.BaseUIObjectHUDSettings.CreateInstance (GamingIsLove.Makinom.HUDSetting settings, GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ObjectHUDSetting typeSettings) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ObjectHUDSetting.CreateInstance (GamingIsLove.Makinom.HUDSetting settings) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.HUDSetting.CreateInstance () (at <88a6be00da074773b4f8e49e8561b8ab>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.ObjectHUDSelection.Tick (GamingIsLove.Makinom.IDataCall call, UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject) (at :0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Components.ObjectHUDComponent.LateUpdate () (at :0)

huh after doing that i learned it highlights stuff in my hierarchy, if i double click in the console. so all of those seem to be related to Knight_Male and the WitchTown prefab. I can clear the notifications immediately and I dont get a compiler error so i assume they are just useless notifications?

unrelated, im on on Menu 02 Template HUDS, and at HUD set up it says 6, 7 and 8, I'm missing 5, did i miss a step? It's not a huge deal I plan on really studying the UI box set up next go around, was just curious.
    Post edited by BigBen on
  • Sounds like there is an issue with your UI prefabs - check if they have any issues (e.g. missing components) and if they're selected in your UI boxes and HUDs.

As for the HUD numbering - yeah, I should probably adjust that a bit. This is different depending on which battle system type you use (or if you use both).