First of all, thank you for the release of ORK3.

Immediately I'm touching the ORK3 demo project.

I have one thing I want you to tell me.

At the beginning of "BattleStart.asset" included in the demo project, I would like to modify it so that the combatants who will participate in the battle can be selected.

Can you tell me how to use the Combatant Selection Dialogue node to make a combatant selection and then start a battle with the selected combatant?
* I don't seem to understand exactly how to use "selected data" yet.

• The battle group is most likely already full, so they can't join it.
    You'd first need to have all combatants leave the battle group to be able to join additional combatants there.

I'd recommend using a Call Menu Screen node instead that uses a Group part to manage your battle group.
    The battle start schematic will continue after the menu is closed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you for your answer.

When I called "group" with the call menu, the combatant change worked, but it is not ideal that the operation is not completed with one click, so I would like to write the process using "Combatant Selection Dialogue".

Is the only problem with the node I attached is that the battlegroup is full?
    * Assuming a one-on-one battle, the "battle group size" is set to "1".
  • First of all use the Members group in the Combatant Selection Dialogue, since you want to have all combatants available to select from, right?

Before the Join Battle Group node, you need to free the space using a Leave Battle Group node - e.g. set up a Player (Battle) actor to have all player combatants in battle and make them leave the battle group.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    Thank you for your reply.

If I remove a character from a battlegroup with only one member, the battle will be defeated.
    Can this be solved?
    Post edited by shinanoishiguro2 on
  • I'll add a new schematic node in the next update to change battle group members, that should solve it.
    Meanwhile you could increase the battle group size (Change Max Battle Group node) by 1, add the new combatant, remove the old and change the size back.
  • Thank you!
    I'm looking forward to the update!
  • edited May 2022
    This problem seems to have been resolved!
    Post edited by shinanoishiguro2 on
  • Using the Change Max Battle Group node, changing Combatants seems to work, but if you change Combatants at the start of a battle or at an ability, the game will be over.

For example, even if use "Group" in the "Call Menu", the gameover after the member change.

I suspect that member change does not work except by using Change Member from the Battle Menu options.

Is there a way to solve this problem?
  • Next update will add a new node (Change Battle Group node) to solve that issue.
    Should be available next week.
  • Thank you!
    I'm looking forward to your work!