edited March 2022 in ORK Support
Hello,

I've been trying to create an element immunity status effect via status effect. To do this, I've created a status bonus that reduces all attack attribute bonuses in -100. The issue here is that I don't want enemies that already have an element resistance lower than 100 to absorb those elements, but just be immune to them.

In other words, I want to set the attack attribute bonuses to 0, not decrease them by -100.

For example, let's say I had an enemy that takes x0.5 damage from fire element and takes x1.5 damage from ice element. With this buff, I want both to do x0 damage, not x-0.5 and x0.5 respectively to this enemy.

How can this be done?

Thanks in advance
Post edited by MatthewBL on
  • edited March 2022
    Hm, I think this is currently not possible - as you noticed, changes are just adding/subtracting.

I'll look into it.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    I actually think that I don't think I'll ever need elemental absorbtion for my project. Is it possible for me to change the code so that if the value is equal or below 0 it does 0 damage?

If I'm not mistaken, the code should be in the "gameplay_source_code.zip" file, could you guide me onto what file(s) inside it are needed to be modified for this?

Thanks again
    Post edited by MatthewBL on
  • You don't need to change the code for that - you can change the min/max value of attack/defence modifiers in their settings.
    E.g. simply set the minimum value to 0 and that's as low as it can go.

Anyway, next update will add (optional) factor settings to attack/defence modifier bonuses. They'll be used to multiply the attribute values for a final result - e.g. if any bonus uses a 0 factor, it'll result in a final attribute value of 0. 0.5 would halve the final value, 2 double it, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Brilliant, thank you very much