edited April 2022 in General Support
Hello.

I am using the latest version of Unity and have purchased ORK framework. I have downloaded the demo assets and the demo project file. The demo project will not work and the demo assets have problems being added when I try to import them due to outdated scripts. Can someone give me an idea what I should do? :(

Just to update I have also downloaded the older version of Unity which the project was made on and imported the demo content. When I run the scene there is no gameplay and just displays the game window with the map and nothing further. I'm quite at a loss as to why the demo won't work in both the versions of Unity.

Thanks for any help. :(
Post edited by Alex_Gamer on
  • I haven't tested anything yet with the just released Unity 2021 LTS version due to currently being down with Covid.
    The tutorial project was created with Unity 2020.3 LTS and should work with that version.

If you use/download the tutorial assets, you need to follow the tutorial to create the project yourself.

Or, if you just want to check out the project, download the completed Unity project and follow the steps to open the project and get it running. This is a full Unity project, so don't import it into another project :)
    The completed project uses the free trial version of ORK, you can just import your paid ORK version from the asset store to replace it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2022
    Sorry to hear about your health and I hope you will recover quickly.

I've tried my best to open the project demo and I have this window pop up to say that the folder is for an older version of Unity. I'm unable to download the older version as it's not available, the closest I was offered was 2021.3.0f1.

When I use that option I have a prompt from Unity to say that the version can't be found. I'm unsure what to do.

Also, does ORK work with an Isometric view style using a battle grid?
    Post edited by Alex_Gamer on
  • Just choose to continue. I just tried the 2D Grid Battle Demo and it works fine in 2021.3.0f1.
    Alex_Gamer said: Also, does ORK work with an Isometric view style using a battle grid?
    It does. If you are wanting to do 3D it's as simple as changing your main camera's projection setting from perspective to orthographic.
  • It does. If you are wanting to do 3D it's as simple as changing your main camera's projection setting from perspective to orthographic.
    Leave a Comment
    What if you're doing it in 2D?
  • For something like Tactics Ogre, it's just a square grid rotated 45 degrees.