I looked a bit at the combo part of the framework and I think it doesn't match what I'm looking for.
I would like to be able to do attacks where two characters (or more) join forces to perform a big attack.
The game I'm talking about has two mechanics along these lines:
-if a character makes an elementary attack and a second (any one) makes another compatible elementary attack it gives a super attack listed nowhere in the menus as a hidden combination that must be memorized.
example: a character launches rain of fire and the other tornado, it gives tornado of fire.
-second mechanic:
if two or more characters are in the same combat group and have affinities (hidden) a secret menu appears in the selectable buttons (battle menu) which unlocks a unique attack uniting the 2 or + characters for a big attack.

see this youtube link for the unite attack:

link for the magic skills that combine:

Is there a way to do this with ork?
  • For your first example: In the battle schematic used for your skills you could set a variable and then in your second skill you could check if that variable is set within the second skill schematic and then choose to execute a different path (the fire tornado) if that variable is true.

For the second: You could setup a battle menu option that only displays with a condition requiring the players to have those affinities. I think a good way to setting it up would be to add your affinities as hidden skills or passive skills depending on what you want, then add a menu with a condition to check if the players in the combatant group currently have those skills learned.
  • edited April 2022
    I was able to test setting and checking the variable and this part works, when I want it to change skill after the success, it doesn't work, whereas if I spawn a prefab instead of the planned one it works.
    I put a screenshot to see what could be wrong with the schematics so that you can guide me.
    https://imgur.com/a/Hq9zEfn

edit: I tweaked a bit and it seems that an error is blocking part of the process: "index was outside the bounds of the array"
    The breakpoint goes to "check variables". On the other hand, there is no reference to the array in question.

edit2 :
    For the combination of skills unite skill, it works well, I set it up a little differently, simply if the actor x and y are present and the battle then the skill is usable ;) Thank you for the advice for this part, that's fine needle .
    Still have to make the magic suit work
    Post edited by omeegaa on
  • edited April 2022
    Happy you're making progress. I will try and help but I can't see the nodes on your image it's too low quality.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • try the link imgur ,you can zoom on the image by clicking on it
  • Ah alright on mobile it wasn't clear.

Anyway for your nodes you're using a Select Ability node which adds it to Selected Data but you have to do something with that data. I believe using an Use Battle Action node here instead will work. Just set it to Defined Ability Action Type and set the ability you want to use along with any checks you want. Then setup your user and target settings appropriately.

But I also see a disclaimer saying that it does have the potential of breaking your turn order so I say just try it and see how it works for you.
  • Ok I tried different things : ad select ability +use ability and "use ability "alone.
    Everytime I use ability1 with one character(this ability set the variable) then ability 2(with the schematic in the link) so I expect to see ability3(the combined magic) appear but no.
    The weird part is,according to the damage done ,ability2 is calculated(prefab not spawning because check is true) not ability3 and if I set a prefab right after the check(in ability2) it works.
    There is a picture of what I tried with debug started.

If necessary I can send a photo of all my node configuration, from the parameterized variable to its use.
    https://imgur.com/a/2CicmAU
  • edited April 2022
    It's because it's calculating the action of your currently used Ability not the one you've selected for Use Battle Action.

Perhaps you should setup the animation prefabs / camera events / etc in your ability 2 schematic so when it hits true it will spawn the necessary prefabs. And then instead of a Calculate Action node, use a Use Ability Calculation node to select the correct ability that should be calculated.
  • Ok I see. I had tried this way of calculating this morning and it didn't work but now yes. The calculation is done but indeed I have to manually put the prefab in case of valid check.
    I think I misconfigured the variable contained in ability number1 because ability3 is launched whether the skill of the first character has been launched or not.
    I put a screen, I would like someone to explain to me how to properly set a variable so that I can continue and do tests.

https://imgur.com/a/Lp2xud9
    this is the schematics that I put in ability 1 so that it can be checked in ability 2 (in which I tested global and local variable)
  • edited April 2022
    Use Global Variables as it will be between two separate schematics, local will only be used within that schematic.

Use a Change Variable node instead and set it to a bool type and enter the variable key with a name of your choosing and set it to valid. Then in your second ability that will be doing to checking, check if that bool and variable key is true or not and route the nodes accordingly.

Also then make sure to clear the variable or set it to false after the combined ability happens so that if the player uses that second skill only it won't fire off the combined ability every time.

• So cool it works ^^ In fact I had seen this node but since it's called change variables I didn't think it could be used to create one ^^
    Thank you very much for your help, my dream has one step closer to reality =)
    I sincerely thank you for your help

Now I just need to know how to select a specific fighter in the fight because in the idea of ​​these combinations the one who gives the check does not launch his skill.
    In short if ability 1 is selected and if ability2 is selected then ability3 is launched but not ability1 nor 2.