edited April 2022 in ORK Support
Hi folks, I found a simple problem when I was following* Action RPG Tutos*(https://bit.ly/3KbQIMp) specially with Damage dealers and Damage Zone components, I checked twice and I didn´t found any problem. The enemies can attacks me and do damage on my player character, but not vice versa, (my character can´t bit them and doing damage) I post a video with my issue if anybody could help me to find where is the problem to solve it?

I post a new video with the attacks and actions

Post edited by berbelias on
  • Might be the player's animation. When using Mecanim, the duration setup is crucial, because Mecanim doesn't report any animation durations back when playing animations.

So, if your attack schematic waits based on animation duration and the setup isn't correct, it'll effectively activate and deactivate the damage dealer immediately, not giving it any time to do damage.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2022
    Yes, I´ve used the schematic and nodes that come with Action RPG tutorials, but the player character is different, and it does other combo attacks, I thought it should damage in a similar way but not, I should extend the animation duration and its solved. Below is my new schematic.
    https://imgur.com/6vmltEr

I move the wait node schematic and extend the duration, helped me Vanisle in unofficial discord, and I was able to solve it, but I found another problem. When I kill my enemies don´t play death animations and cross fade settings I´ve set in death and hit schematics I´ve checked again but I can´t found the problem.

below I upload a new video with issue in my death, damage and schematics and my settings:

Everything I do is a new learning way in ORK3.
    Post edited by berbelias on
  • Looks like there's no wait time, so the schematic ends immediately, destroying the combatant's game object.
    Either add a Wait node to manually wait, or fix the Mecanim animation duration setup to be able to get the actual animation time.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes that it´s solved, I added more wait nodes and extends the duration. Thanks GIL