My player is a 2D sprite using the Z-rotation animation style, where they rotate in place with a rotation on the Z axis, rather than the standard XY transform. As such, I'm running into difficulties while trying to get them to animate properly during cutscenes, using the change position schematic.
Right now, when using change position, the game is moving the player correctly, but I feel like it isn't forwarding the correct animation parameters since he never changes which direction he's facing, but rather animates while facing the camera in place.

Which schematic function should I use for the player sprite to make him animate properly when being controlled by a schematic? Are there any that will properly forward the correct parameter for rotation to the animator?
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • edited April 2022
    Still having trouble with this. Anyone have experience with these?
    Post edited by LostForest on
  • edited April 2022
    I've only been able to half-solve this issue. I thought the problem was that I didn't check off "face direction before moving", however I can't get it working with any consistency.

When moving on the Y axis, I can get the player to face properly by using Transform for the rotate component. But this makes it so he won't animate on the X axis. However, if I use Rigidbody as the rotate component, the X axis works animates fine, but he won't face the correct direction when moving on the Y axis!

I'm completely out of ideas now... Anyone have any suggestions? @gamingislove
  • 2D rotation on Z axis is a bit wonky currently - next update will improve that with new 2D options.

Currently you'd have to calculate the angle and use that to change the Z-axis as it's e.g. done in the 2D grid tutorials.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited April 2022
    Oh that makes me feel better then. I was banging my head against the wall for a while with it.

Is there any rough estimate of when the next update might be? Or is it a long way off?
    Just trying to decide if I should continue with the broken animations and return to them later.
  • Probably around end of April - just got back into office after my Covid infection, so that derailed my plans a bit, otherwise it would already be available :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh okay great! Glad that you're feeling better now.

Thank you for all your hard work!