edited August 2022 in ORK Support
How do grid battles show only certain players' grids? Instead of showing them all each time?
Post edited by churan on
  • The grid is shown or hidden using a Show Battle Grid node in schematics - this can e.g. be used in turn start/end events to show or hide the grid based on some conditions (e.g. who's the combatant).

The grid highlights are automatically displayed based on your setup, but there are no limits/conditions on which combatants of the player are highlighted. There are different highlights, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you, I have found the solution!
    By the way, is there anything wrong with the 2D Mask?
  • I don't think so - make sure you're on the latest version (ORK 3.2.0), that fixed some issues with grid mask rotations in 2D.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • How does the line mask set rotation for the skill?
  • In 2D based on Z-axis rotation.
  • Let me give it a try and see how it works
  • @gamingislove
    I've tried but I still can't rotate the line to the direction I want it to go.
    can give me some more details .
    Thanks!
  • Sure:
    - in the mask, the line should to the front (i.e. from origin upwards) if it should go into the front direction of the combatant
    - enable using Local Space (and possibly In User Space)
  • @gamingislove
    I have been able to successfully rotate the attack range to the correct position, but after using the Face Camera, although the attack direction is correct, only the direction to the right will cause damage. How to solve this problem?
  • Of course I used Mask as the attack range setting

• Only attacks to the right will deal damage to enemies in a straight line, other directions will only deal damage individually!

• Can you give more information on your combatant's prefab setup?
    E.g. when using Face Camera component, make sure it's used on a child object (and the sprite as well) if using rotations for the direction.
  • @gamingislove
    I was using a 2D Battle Grid combatant prefab, and I put the Face Camera component on CombatantBase, do I need to put the prefab weight in a new setting, and where do I put the Face Camera component separately?
  • If I don't use the Face Camera, the character will rotate according to the direction of the attack, and the attack can also cause group-wide damage. I found that all the positions of the attack are from the right side of the character. Is the skill mask not able to do the real rotation?
  • The correct word is the attack from the front