hi
i'm glad to see new update !
some questions

1. what does "ORK now contains the full C# source code (full version only)." means?
It seems to be the same as the existing source code zip file, what is the difference? Is the source code of OrkframeworkEditor.dll and Orkframeworkcore.dll included?

2. Even after the update, version 2.31.0 is still written on the first screen of the Ork Framework Editor.
E.g..
Version: 2.31.0 for unity 2018/2019/202
(C) 2013 gaming is love e.u. all rights reserved.
in my screen
  • 1) Yeah, the zip file still has the same name (or Unity can't replace/remove the old zip file), but it now contains the source code for the core and editor DLLs as well. It's a new Visual Studio project set up ready to use including all Unity references.

2) Which Unity version are you using?
    Due to Unity no longer allowing asset store uploads older than Unity 2019, you'll only get new ORK versions (I think after 2.33.0) with Unity 2019 and newer.

If you need it for an earlier version, please send me an email with your invoice/order number from the asset store. Or, when for Unity 2018 versions, you can download the 2019+ version and also use it in 2018.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    thank you.
    1. Then, preveously i opend Visual Studio with sourcode.zip, modify orkframework files and then packaging as dll is not necessary?
    If i just unzip the source code and place the folders in the project (ork,editor,core),
    Can those folders replace dlls?
    And by simply opening the cs files in those folders and modifying the code, is it possible to modify ork?
    (that is, does not require dll packaging? for now? because i want to tune ork cs files ,so this way more convinient for me)

in past time It seems to have been mentioned that project data is deleted every time the version is updated if files exists as not dlls (remember my words)

ps.tested it ,When the full source code zip of the ork is extracted in the empty new Project, the editor is freezed. when i restarted unity it is not compiled so infinite loop occur . unity version 2019.4.35f

2.In which folder of the zip file are the core dll and editor dll files?
    In the past, i tried only to encrypt the sources of the orkframework.dll with obfuscator assets (because there was no source code for the core and editor dll). and countless errors occurred
    Now I think I can encrypt all cs files, so I'm going to test it.
    (to prevent source hacking for my game)

3. I am using 2019.4.13f.
    Previously, I was using ork version 2.31, and after just deleting the orkframework folder only to update the version, I download new ork from assetstore.
    The editor still points to 2.31 number.
    (Should I delete other folders as well?)
    I think it's the latest version, but only the numbers seem to indicate the old version.

4.Is there a way to add a reference according to the full source code provided?
    http://orkframework.com/ork-2/tutorial/howto/setting-up-project-references/
    seems to deal only with orkframework.dll. (Old)
    Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • You're most likely stuck on an old ORK version due to the Unity package manager, see #3 for details.

1) No, you can't just extract the source code into Unity. The Visual Studio project also contains Unity DLL files, so that'll cause issues. I'd recommend to extrect it somewhere else and only copy over the 3 project folders for Core, Editor and Framework. Also, you need to remove the ORK DLL files from your Unity project.
    I haven't tested using the source code in Unity and that's not the intended use for the source code project.

Additionally, this'll cause lost script references to ORK scripts/components in all assets, prefabs and scenes.

2) See in #1.

3) Most likely a package manager issue. Try removing the currently downloaded version to be able to download it again.
    E.g. in Windows, the download folder should be somewhere in your Windows user folder in \AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\.

4) The new source code project is already set up ready to use, i.e. you don't need to do anything.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2022
    appreciate.
    1) 2) 3) thanks!

4) I've checked that all references are already set.
    so Should I just build each group (ork, editor, core) to dll and use it? (after code modification)
    (because you recommend using dll, not sourcecode)

5.when i build new code project this warning occur
    Warning Could not find ruleset file "C:\Users\gamingislove\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Templates\CodeAnalysis.ruleset".
    is it ok??
    Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • 4) Building the complete solution will have the 3 ORK DLL files available in the project's bin/Unity X/ folder (where Unity X is the Unity version you built for, e.g. Unity_2018).
    I've updated the project setup how-to for ORK 2 with details on the new project.

5) Yeah, that's ok.
    It's just a ruleset on which stuff I don't want to be notified off. Thanks for reminding me, I need to remove that info from the provided project, since it's referencing local files on my PC :)
  • perfect support!
    Thanks always