edited March 2022 in ORK Support
Is there a way to only press auto fight once?
Post edited by churan on
  • Enable the Whole Group option in your Auto battle menu option to use auto mode for the whole group.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It was enabled as you prompted, but it didn't work.
  • It doesn't work the way I want it to. I mean, can this autofight be clicked once and then automatically continued until I hit the Cancel key.
  • The Auto battle menu option is for having one turn per combatant use the battle AI.

However, you can use schematics (or events in ORK 2) to switch your combatants between being AI controlled or not. Use a Change AI Controlled node for that.

Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is there any solution for reference?
  • You mean like a tutorial? No, currently not.
  • Yes, preferably with a tutorial or more tips.
  • @gamingislove
    Fumble for a long time, still can't finish, can you give some detailed hints?
    Thanks.
  • Well, I haven't done anything like that myself, so all of that is just a guess - here's one way to do it:

Custom Auto Battle Command
    1) Create an ability (targeting all allies) to work as your custom auto battle command.
    The ability's schematics (or battle events in ORK 2) use the Change AI Controlled node to switch all targets (i.e. the player group when targeting all allies) to be AI Controlled.

2) E.g. add the ability as a group ability to your player (i.e. everyone in the group has access to it.

3) Add the ability to the battle menu as a single command via an Ability option type that uses Single Ability.

Cancel Auto Battle
    1) Set up a schematic and add a Player Group actor type (using Group combatant scope to get the whole group).
    Add a Change AI Controlled node to disable the actor (i.e. the player group) being AI Controlled.

2) Set up a global machine (in Base/Control > Global Machines using the schematic you set up.
    Set the Global Machine Type to Key to use an input key to start it.
    E.g. add some conditions, e.g. game state In Battle being active to limit the use to only in battle.
  • Thanks, I'll give it a try!
  • I tried, but I can't control the leader of the group!
  • Well ... yeah, they're now all AI controlled - you never said that you want this to only work for the group members but leaving the leader controlable.

In that case, you need to simply not set the leader AI controlled by the ability.

There are 2 ways to do it:

1) Enable the ability's Not On Self setting (in the Target Selection Settings) and only learn the ability to the leader.

2) Add a target condition to the ability (in Target Selection Settings > Conditions), add a Combatant Status condition checking for the target not being Group Leader.
  • Maybe I said wrong, the current leaders can not be AI, I hope that the leaders can also be CONTROLLED by AI!
  • Oh, ok - yeah, that's completely different :D

For this, you need to also enable AI Controlled Player in the combatant's AI settings.
  • I understand, but I can't find this node.