Hello again!

I've set up a combatant tooltip that appears when the cursor is over a combatant's game object. It works correctly, except when the player selects a character and the battle menu opens. When the battle menu is active, the combatant tooltip disappears and placing the cursor over a character won't open the tooltip until the battle menu is inactive. Strangely though, the tooltip will appear during target selection.

One thing to note though is that I have set up another tooltip, that shows the skills information when having the cursor over a skill icon in the battle menu. And this tooltip works when the battle menu is active.

So... why does one tooltip work and the other won't when the battle menu is up?

Both are set up exactly the same way, except of course for Tooltip Check (one is set up for combatants, the other for abilities).

Thank you!
  • There can only be one tooltip at a time (naturally) - I guess this is due to the battle menu showing a tooltip.

Did you enable the Preview Tooltip setting in UI > UI Settings > ORK UI Settings > Tooltip Settings?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It wasn't enabled, but I just tried and enabled it, but I didn't notice any difference.

And yeah, for the player, it's impossible to open at the same time both a skill tooltip and a combatant tooltip.

When I check the scene while testing, I can see the combatant's tooltips activating when the battle menu is not active, but as soon as the battle menu is active, the combatant's tooltips stay latent.

Could there be another way to allow the player to see the the combatants' status in a little window when placing the mouse cursor over their game object while the battle menu is up?

Thanks!

• Working fine on my end. There's another setting in UI boxes (UI > UI Boxes > General Settings), Selection Tooltip should be disabled, or any selected input (e.g. your battle menu button) will be showing a tooltip.

Alternatively, if you want to use this selection tooltip and show additional combatant info when the cursor if over a combatant, the Combatant Object type HUDs have options for that. They can e.g. only be displayed when the cursor is over the combatant.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • There's another setting in UI boxes (UI > UI Boxes > General Settings), Selection Tooltip should be disabled, or any selected input (e.g. your battle menu button) will be showing a tooltip.
    Aaaah yes, indeed, it was enabled. Worked as soon as I disabled it.

Thank you :)