I just started developing the Menus for my game following the ORK tutorials.
While the Overview and Inventory menu work, the menu freezes when I am trying to open the Abilities and Upgrade Abilities menu Screens.
These are the errors I am getting when trying to open them:

I am still quite unfamiliar with the UI setup so I'm not quite sure what I did wrong :(
  • I'll look into the errors - can you give me more details on the setup and when the error occurs?

E.g. are you using a combatant selection via a Combatant menu part to select a user before opening the ability menu, etc.?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think I found the issue, should be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It occurs when in the Overview menu, I click the "Abilities" or "Upgrade Abilities" in the right side menu.
    So far I only have only the Player in the Overview list of combatants. If I follow the same procedure, the Inventory and Group menu work, but the Abilities, Upgrade Abilities and Equipment menu don't.

Regarding the setup, I followed the ORK tutorials as closely as I could.
    http://orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-rpg-playground/14-research-trees-menu/
    http://orkframework.com/guide/documentation/features/research-trees/)
  • A small bugfix update will be available later this week (most likely) and should solve this issue.
  • I just updated to Version 3.3.1
    Now when selecting these menus (Equipment, Abilities and Upgrade Abilities) I don't get any more error messages, but they still don't open.
    The other menus (Inventory, Quests and Change Group) when selected, work.
    I went over the tutorials again but couldn't find anything that was set differently :(
  • edited May 2022
    Hmm .... can yo post the setup for the overview screen?
    Mainly the button that calls it (and maybe the combatant part).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I went through the overview screen again and eventually found the culprit!
    The screens that didn't open had Select Combatant = true.
    Thank you for pointing me in the right direction :)

Now that I can actually see the entries I noticed that all the icons (for abilities, equipment..) in the menu are really big. Is there a way to to limit their size?
  • That depends on how you display the items.

If they're part of the button prefab's setup, you can do that on the prefab, e.g. adding a Layout Element component to the game object displaying the icon and setting the preferred width/height.

Or, if it's dispalyed via text codes in text, that's up to the TextMesh Pro setup.
  • Adding the Layout Element did the trick, thank you Nicholas!