void Start()
{
modalWindow.SetActive(false);
}

public void OpenModal()
{
modalWindow.SetActive(true);
}

I want it to show modal window with my custom options, when you click this button called "OPCJE" (which means "OPTIONS" in Polish):
So, basically, the problem is when I have opposite false/true statement. I mean, if I have modal opened and I want it to close - everything works perfect. It doesn't work when I try to OPEN modal window.
In Makinom I have something like this:

Is there a possible way to do this sort of thing easier, or try to force my way to work :)?
  • I assume that this disables your Modal tagged game object? The issue is that Unity can't find disabled game objects.

Change the game object setup in a way that the searched game object stays active in any case, e.g. just disabling a child object on it instead.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Is there a way to do that modal window with Makinom Schematics?
  • Not directly - but you can use the Custom option type to start a schematic on a game object.
    E.g. using an animation machine (which has different functions to call for passing on parameters or no parameters):
    - class name: AnimationMachineComponent
    - function name: AnimationEvent (for no parameter), AnimationEventFloat (for float parameter), etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!