Hello!

I've been trying the 3D RPG Playground in hopes of getting a good feel for how the program works and how to create my own RPG eventually, but even though I follow it to the letter, when I get to the end of the Player Setup and test out my world scene, it just takes me to the Main Camera provided in the world scene, in the default position (looking at some trees). I've tried to follow the tutorial twice, starting from scratch each time, and I get the same result. If I disable the camera, it says there's no active camera in the scene. There are no error messages or anything to go off of. Is this a problem with my schematic not starting for some reason? I've been poring over every word of the tutorial for hours, and I can't find a solution. Help would be appreciated! I looked through the forum to see if anyone else had the same problem, but it looks like it's just me!
  • Make sure your ORK Game Starter in the scene has Start Game enabled when directly playing in a scene and not starting via the start menu (set up in the 2nd tutorial).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the feedback! I did enable Start Game in the ORK Game Starter though, so I think it's something else. I know this is pretty open-ended, but does anything else come to mind as a common error (user error or otherwise) that could cause this? I'm sure it could be a number of things, so any direction would be appreciated.
  • Sometimes it helped me to look at the completed project either on a laptop or on a second monitor in another instance of Unity.
  • Does time seem to progress, so is stuff moving around somewhere?
    If not, it might be the Unity time scale being set to 0 - check it in the Unity menu: Edit > Project Settings... > Time
    It should be set to 1 usually.

The time scale being 0 leads to all time-based stuff stopping, e.g. animations and movement is frozen, same goes for camera changes :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I had the same situation yesterday with Start Menu tutorial and what I did is copying Input prefabs from complete tutorial package then import into my test project. Then setup Default UI Prefabs in UI / UI Systems with imported prefabs. After that, the Start Menu appears in play
  • Could you please let me know how exactly you did it? I am somewhat of a beginner in Unity. I know that to import an asset, I need to go to Assets in the top menu. But inside the Prefab folder, I do not see any UI prefabs:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaPIySJMXcx9fY73MWcDSNpAXCjr-mDJ/view?usp=share_link

Thanks!
  • @vrdwarak you need to download the complete tutorial first, open it in another instance of Unity, then browse to Tutorial Assets / _Created / UI / Input, select all type of inputs in there and export to package. Then import that new package to your test project. Hope it helps.
  • I'd recommend to follow the tutorial, including the initial UI setup tutorial (which has downloads for UI prefabs).

UI setup is always a drag (ORK and non-ORK), but you should still learn how to do it or you'll get stuck a lot :)
  • @gamingislove thanks. I'm trying to complete 3D RPG Playground tutorial.