I'm sorry to post questions often.

Is there a way in ORK3 to output the status of Combatant being hovered to the UI when the cursor is hovered over the list in "Combatant Selection"?

I want to be able to display the status without clicking the mouse.

• Probably via a tooltip HUD.
    The combatant selection itself doesn't have tooltips, but if you're using HUDs to display the content (as you seem to do), you can add tooltips using a HUD Tooltip component on it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • First 3D RPG Playground Is assumed to be used.
    If I want to implement the "Tooltip" of the ability list in "Combatant Selections (Blue Menu Center Scroll)", should I add "HUD Tooltip" to "UI Box Blue Menu Center Scroll"?

• Ability menus, etc. have options for tooltips.

What I meant was that combatant selections don't have a tooltip option - but you can add tooltips to combatant selections if you use HUDs as templates to show information in the buttons. In this case, you can add HUD Tooltip components to your HUD's prefab that's used as template.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you!
    When I followed your instructions, I was able to see a tooltip.

However, a new problem arose here.
    The tooltip only works when i hover mouse cursor over the button.

I want this to be compatible with keyboard selection. Is there a setting for this?
  • edited May 2022
    I'm sorry to keep posting.

Let me ask you another question.

I set it like this, but Ability was not displayed.
    I want you to see what's wrong with this setting.

Post edited by shinanoishiguro2 on
  • UI > UI Boxes > General Settings has the Selection Tooltip setting for automatically displaying a tooltip for the selected input of a UI box. But in this case this'll probably not work, since the combatant selection doesn't have a tooltip.
    I'll look into adding tooltip options for combatant selections.

As for the ability - this'd only show information if the tooltip content is from an ability.
    There's the HUD Combatant Ability content provider component available to show a defined ability, but nothing to list all abilities of a combatant in HUDs.
  • Thank you for your confirmation.

Is it possible for me to place a script order with you regarding the implementation of tooltip options in Combatant Selection and the ability listing in Combatant Selection?
    Of course, it is a paid order.
    * After the work is completed, there is no problem even if it is an ORK standard function.
  • Not needed - tooltip options for combatant selections and other combatant displays (e.g. the Combatant menu part) will be in the next update :)
  • Wow! I was very impressed with your response.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Looking forward to the next update!
  • Hi!
    Thank you for releasing 3.4.0!
    Thanks to you, I am now able to view ToolTip in "Combatant Selections".

By the way, has this tooltip added the ability to list the abilities possessed by the selected Combatant?
  • No, currently not.
    HUDs don't have ability lists available.

I'll look into adding that.
  • Thank you for your reply. I understand.

It doesn't matter if I pay, so I would appreciate it if you could upgrade the version so that i can display the list of available abilities on the HUD with Combatant Select.
  • Sure, you can contact me (contact@orkframework.com) for paid feature implementations.
  • I sent a request email from "shinano@primaryorbit.com"!
  • Let me ask you another question about "Combatant Selection".

Is it possible to assign a cancel input key to "Combatant Selection" like "Close Screen Key" in "MenuScreens"?