imageimage
Im going through the 3d playground tutorial, for some reason after having followed the instructions, the start menu scene doesn't show the menu upon play. I've revisited it several times and haven't been able to find a discrepancy in the tutorial and what I have done so far. I've also completed the UI initial setup.
Ive attached an image of the scene on play and the Ork3 editor. I also tried placing the scene paths in the name scene text input, to no avail.
Any help would be appreciated!
  • For some reason the screenshots didn't come through
    Here's an alternate set of links
    https://postimg.cc/4YP5Sj9k
    https://postimg.cc/0zPnZ9r0
  • The start menu scene's ORK Game Starter shouldn't have Start Game enabled. That's only for testing directly in your game scenes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!

Thanks for the response.
    Yeah id tested turning it of and it didn't make the menu's show up, as showin in the image.
    Ive redone that entire segment of the tutorial and it still has the issue for some reason.
    In the start menu editor, I just type 'Start Menu' referring to the scene? Does it search the scenes folder for an identical name and reference that?
    Any other ideas for why the menu's don't show? For now I'm just moving on with the tutorials.
  • @BoostG try replacing the Makinom Game Starter with a ORK Game Starter component, all your game scenes needs to be added to Unity's build scene list.
  • edited May 2022
    Both ORK Game Starter and the regular (Makinom) Game Starter work - the ORK variant just has some additional ORK-related settings, e.g. displaying the start menu.

However, I'd recommend using the settings in UI > Start Menu to define the start menu scene and enabling Auto Call here.
    The scene name has to match the actual scene's name, enabling Auto Call will open the start menu when that scene is loaded.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2022
    Thanks @RustedGames and @gamingislove
    Ive tried both those approaches to no success unfortunately. Ive skipped ahead to keep learning in the meantime.

Someone on the same team as myself has run into the same issue.
    Is it perhaps something related to the 2021.3 LTS?

If there's nothing else that it may be then I may restart the demo to see if that helps.
    This is all the game shows upon play still:

https://ibb.co/34yhBx7
    Post edited by BoostG on
  • If the start menu settings are correct (i.e. this scene is defined as start menu scene and it's set up to auto call the menu), that should work.

Check your Unity project's Time Scale - you can find it in Edit > Project Settings... > Time and should be set to 1.
    E.g. if this is set to 0, time progression is basically stopped, which might block the menu from appearing.
  • Unfortunately its still not working for us for some reason.

The time scale is at 1.

It is working in the pre-made playground demo so I'm unsure of the cause of the issue.
  • Hm, I can check it out if you can send me a small Unity test project with your setup where this happens.
    Deleting the Library folder from the Unity project's folder will greatly reduce it's size, zip it up and upload it somewhere (e.g. dropbox) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • Hi Gil apologies I forgot to respond.
    I ended up just using the demo scene as a basis since it worked on that and continued from there, so as to side step whatever was misfiring happening there.
    I appreciate you offering to help with assessing the test project.