Hello!

I want to be able to select the nearest grid combatant in an Ability schematic - for example, to have an ability that both attacks a target and heals the closest ally. If it was in a Battle AI then the Get Nearest node would be perfect, but I can't find any way to do that in the schematic for an Ability. Is there any easy way to do that?

• Hm, I don't think there's currently an easy way to do this in schematics. I'll look into it.

Generally, you can e.g. use the Select Combatant Objects node to get combatants within range of a combatant or the Select Grid Cells node to get them based on range templates.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, thanks - I'll try just looping through and selecting combatant at an increasing range in each iteration until something's found (or max range is reached), looks like that should work okay in a schematic... :)
  • The Select Combatant Objects node will get some distance sorting options in the next update, i.e. the nearest combatant will be the first one in the list, which you can select via a Select Selected Data node :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Nice, thanks! :)