I'm having trouble figuring out how to access the Loot setups found here Combatants->Loot via the API. All I've been able to find is this:

ORK.Combatants.loot.loot[]

But these appear to be the default loots available to combatants defined here Combatants->Combatants->General Settings

I'm trying to populate my Item Collector in script with a loot definition. I would expect the data to be available like this:

ORK.Loot

This interface does not exist. Spent about an hour hunting around for where this data might be located in the API but was not able to find it.

Thanks,
-Mike
  • ORK only directly references stuff it needs to (e.g. to be able to load it for save games).
    All other things can be accessed via their individual data assets, i.e. like any other asset in Unity.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see what you mean. Suggestion: have the references to these (and all) data references available via the API with a structure that mirrors as closely as possible organizational structure of the ORK/Makinom interface. This would make scripting with your tool a lot more noob friendly.

To me it didn't make intuitive sense why these data structure weren't just available at ORK.Loot or ORK.Combatants.Loot and so I wasted a lot of time combing through the API trying to find them.

Not a criticism, just a suggestion on something that could make the framework more accessible for beginner/intermediate programmers like me.

Thanks!
    -Mike
  • The issue here is that this requires the project asset having to reference all assets, which leads to very long load times when the game is initialized. That was one of the bigger issues in ORK 2 - once you have a massive project, initializing it via the game starter took a lot of time to load all data in a built game.

In ORK 3, everything is in separate assets and only what's absolutely needed is referenced by the project. Everything else can be accessed via their assets.

See the ORK scripting documentation (and Makinom scripting documentation) for details on what's directly referenced and how to use data assets.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!