Hello :)

As part of a schematic on an ability, I have Selected Data consisting of a group of combatants, that includes the user of the associated ability. I want to remove the user from that Selected Data. Is there an easy way to do this? I thought Select Combatant, with Remove, would work (as in the image below), but that doesn't appear to do anything.

Is there another way to do this?

Thx!

• That should work - tested it on my end and works fine.

Is the combatant still in the list afterwards? What's the setup of the initial selection (storing the combatants in the selectedTeam)?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2022
    The schematic is called from a Schematic Status Change on an ability's User Changes. The core setup is three nodes (simplified for repro). First, select all non-enemies with Select Combatant Objects :

Then try to remove the user with a Select Combatant :

And finally I check the results with a Selected Data Choice Node.

Interestingly, it's only the Remove that doesn't seem to be working for me. If I use Set or Add, then it does indeed modify the Selected Data correctly.

Post edited by StevieJay on
  • I see the issue - the Select Combatant Objects will use the game objects of the combatants, so removing a combatant from game objects doesn't really do anything here :)

Enable the Store Combatants setting in the node to store the actual combatants instead of their game objects.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Got it - thx as always for the solid support! :)