edited June 2022 in ORK Support
Hey hey, another little issue here... :)

I have an ability that adds an "Ongoing Damage" status effect. The status effect reduces the target's HP by an amount each turn. The issue is that I want the damage to be applied at the start of the target's turn, and at the moment it's always being applied at the start of the User's turn that applied the effect.

Is there a way to do that?

The current setup is as follows. This is the Target Change on the Ability :

And this is the Status Value Change for the ongoing damage Status Effect :

Thanks as always!

Edit : So I think I've found a hacky way to do it. I create an ability "apply ongoing damage to self", and then in the original ability I call a schematic that causes the target to use that ability on them self. It's kinda awkward though, so if there is an easier way it'd be much appreciated!
Post edited by StevieJay on
  • Your status effect setup is correct and definitely works.
    However, when a combatant's turn starts depends on your battle system and it's setup. E.g. the Turn Based battle system has the Auto Start Turn option - if it's enabled, all combatants start their turn at the start of a new battle turn instead of when they start selecting actions.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, perfect - yep, fixed by changing the Battle System setup... :)
  • Another small issue that's come up while experimenting with status effects at turn start/end...

I have a Status Effect that executes a schematic at turn end. However, I'm noticing that the next combatant's turn starts before that schematic finishes. Is there a way to ensure that the next combatant's turn doesn't start until the schematic is completed?

(Specifically, the schematic includes a Selected Data Choice node - the next turn continues in the background while this choice menu is open. What I'd like to happen is that the next combatant's turn doesn't begin until after the choice is made).

Thx :)
  • I don't think that's currently possible - status effect schematics operate outside of the battle order.

I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Okay, thx for the info. Not really a big deal for me, just exploring to see how things work... :)