Hi,
I was following these tutorial series based in ORK 2 : http://orkframework.com/ork-2/tutorial/game-tutorial/46-cinematic-field-scene-introduction/ But I would like to make it for ORK 3, any idea on how I should do? or where I cand find Event Interaction in ORK 3?.
  • ORK 2's Event Interaction is now the different machine components, e.g. instead of the Autostart event interaction, you'd now use the Auto Machine component with the Start start type enabled.

Or Interaction event interactions are now the Interaction Machine components.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I´ve tried to follow and adapt the tutorial but I have some doubts:

In event settings: how I could block the event?, I must add 2 actors (player and camera), the camera must be machine objects, starting objects...what actor type must select?

In change camera positions nodes: I should create several waypoints, and select them as target object, fading positions and rotations?
    gamingislove said: Or Interaction event interactions are now the Interaction Machine components.
    This interaction can set autostart? In my case the cinematic starts when my player enter in someplace in the scene, could use better the Trigger machine in that case?

• Blocking events are now handled by the machine components (or other setups that execute schematics). Their Execution Type setting can set them as Blocking - though just like in ORK 2, that just means that only one blocking schematic can be executed at the same time.

You don't need to add the camera as an actor, there always is a Camera object type available (like the Machine Object and Starting Object of the schematic). It uses the main camera that's recognized by ORK/Makinom (so usually the camera viewing your player).

The waypoints from the old tutorial can now be added as Game Object type actors - this allows you to select their game objects in the machine component's inspector (like in ORK 2).

As said above, for autostart, use the Auto Machine component with Start enabled as start type.
    For the player entering an area/trigger starting something, use the Trigger Machine with Trigger Enter start type (or Trigger Exit, etc., based on your needs).

There are different machine components available for different use cases.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2022
    I´m using better a trigger machine and adds CamPoints as GameObjects, they are (old waypoint) and are 3 empty gameobjects and then add them individually inside nodes Change Camera Position but I´m a bit lost, I don´t know where I must add the camera and the waypoints, (I should add them in settings?.... I added them but the event doesn´t execute.

I post some screens of my progress so you can help me better about how I must to do, because I´m a bit lost

https://imgur.com/a/yPpmpVk
    Post edited by berbelias on
  • If I understand right, you want something to launch (or execute) those schematics you have.

- this is where all the different Machines the framework has come into play. For example, you could put an Interaction Machine on a game object in your scene, maybe a door, or something, and once you interact with it, it calls your camera schematics. You set the schematic inside the machine component that your using. You could also use the auto machine and just attach that to an empty gameObject, and have it executed at a certain time. Check the different types of machines here:

https://makinom.com/guide/documentation/machines/

Just know these will launch your schematics and make happen what your looking to do.
  • @berbelias
    As I said above - the waypoints are now added as actors. Use the Game Object type and you can select the game object in the machine component you're using (e.g. the Trigger Machine component).
    If the machine component's selected schematic has Game Object type actors, the Actors settings will become available in the inspector, where you can add game objects to the actor.

The rest is just like in ORK 2 - using camera positions, camera changes, etc.
    Don't forget to enable the Wait option when fading the camera position, or the schematic will continue while the camera fades, e.g. in your current schematic setup it'd immediately execute 2 fades instead of waiting between them.
  • I´ve created a Trigger Machine, and select Machine Object as Actor Type, I´ll try to create more fades and and wait nodes, @RustedGames helped me, and it solved now. But I should like to get a more deeper understanding of machines componentes, I´ll read the documentation and follow the other tutorials.
  • You don't need to set up a Machine Object actor type, the Machine Object (and also Starting Object) are always available in a schematic's object selection.