Hello!

I have a status value (AC) that is flagged as a Combined Value to have its value determined by a formula. Is there any way to access the Start Value for that status value from inside the formula? I ask because I can set the Start Value by combatant, but I don't see how I can change the Initial Value for the formula by combatant...

(What I'm actually doing at the moment is creating a separate Status Value, "AC Start Value", that I can set by combatant, and then I access that value from within the formula. But it's not super elegant, so checking if there's a more direct way!).

Thx
Stevan :)
  • You can use the status value itself in it's combined formula to get it's uncombined value.

As for the start value - that can be defined like for any other status value, i.e. either in the status value itself, via status development or as an initial value setup in the combatant itself (in the combatant's Status Settings > Status Value Settings > Start Values settings).
    If the combatant uses status development and that sets the status value, the initial value of the combatant will be overruled.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Great, got it.

I didn't even try using the value itself, just kinda assumed that would lead to some kind of infinite recursion! Thx for the info... :)
  • It's mentioned in the help text of the combined formula selection :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • D'oh! So it is, my bad...!