edited June 2022 in ORK Support
I'm trying to create a prefab for doors that open and set up the door's animator to include a clip called DoorOpen. But I don't really understand how to have this play in a schematic when you interact with the door. I used Play Mecanim Animation with "DoorOpen" as the state name, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'm not sure where I go from here, however. Do I need to use a bool state on the animator, and then set up an animation type for the door opening in the ORK Editor? Do I need to create a door combatant or something? Or am I overthinking all of this?

Thanks!
Post edited by LostForest on
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • Did you also set the Play Mode to Play (or Cross Fade) in the Play Mecanim Animation node?

Animation types and the combatant animation setup are just for combatants to create reusable animation setups.
    For anything else, the other (non-combatant) animation nodes are used.

Makinom also has animation templates available in Templates > Animation Templates, where you can set up how to play an animation (just like in the nodes) and play them via an Animation Template node.
    In case you have often reused setups, that's an easy way to set it up once and reuse it - and change it easily for everything using it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, I found the problem. The schematic wasn't even triggering since the door didn't have a box collider 2D attached to it. I didn't realize it needed a collider for the interaction controller to work.

Thanks for the info, as always GiL! It'll come in handy in the future!
    Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • The Interaction Controller recognizes interactions if they enter it's trigger (collider), and that's only possible if that thing also has a collider :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!