edited July 2022 in ORK Support
https://i.imgur.com/LUerU1q.jpg

I want to try using a shortcut bar instead of a battle menu. In the image, you see I've got my bottom bar split into three sections: ability shortcut slots, followed by grid attack/move/wait commands, followed by a turn order HUD.

At first I thought I'd just use two separate shortcut HUDs, but then how am I going to move selection between them when using a gamepad? Ideally, I'd want the boot (grid move) to be the initial selection, and you could just tap left a couple times and go straight from the sword to the fireball. Right now I have no way to account for that gap. I don't see a way to apply an offset in-between shortcut slots 9 through 12, for example.

I like the current layout, so I figured I better ask if there's a way to do what I want before changing it.

And what is a way to set a shortcut slot as the default highlighted selection in same the way it works in battle menus? I tried a Select Shortcut Slot schematic node, but that doesn't seem to be the way.
Post edited by Scyra on
  • edited July 2022
    I wasn't able to get some shortcuts such as Grid Move to work. I decided to just modify the battle menu to look like a shortcut bar. It seems to work well for now.
    Post edited by Scyra on
  • edited July 2022
    The HUD doesn't use selection like that - a slot being highlighted/selected is based on cursor hovering over it, or the action being active (e.g. during target selection or use).
    If you want to select slots via gamepad or other inputs, you can juse a battle menu to display shortcut slots via the Shortcut Slot option type.

I'll look into the grid shortcuts - should use the Default Shortcut UI in UI > Shortcut Settings. Also, the content information defined in Battles > Battle Texts.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm just using battle menu now. I've run into another problem. Is there a way to get abilities set to Type Display: List to populate in the opposite direction? Added abilities to a horizontal menu are always extending the menu toward the right and I need the right end to be stationary and have new icons appear on the left end.

Thanks for your help, as always.
  • I think that should be handled by the layout group component used by your UI box prefab.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's it! Thanks!