Hey @gamingislove -

For turn based - lets say I spawn 3 enemies with a Combatant Spawner on a pathway, but that path has two fences lining the path - how could I ensure my enemies spawn between the two fences, instead of one outside of them while two spawn within?

Thanks!
  • Depends on if this is an enemy spawning with it's group, or if it's 3 separate enemies spawned by the spawner.

For the group, you can use a formation (Combatants > Formations) for that combatant group. The spawner currently has no own settings for this, so you'll have to set it up in the combatant group for now - I'll look into adding options for this in the next update.

For individual combatants, use a trigger/collider to define the spawn area, or use the Spawn Settings of the spawner component to define individual game objects as spawn points.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks @gamingislove - formation does solve for it to a degree, might just come to a better hunting ai on my part and keep them limited with radius as if the group leader of the enemy combatants gets too close to the fence, they will spawn like I was describing. Or I could just remove the fence lol - but it’s like a forced encounter im going after. Some extra utility with that would be awesome in the next update for sure!

I’m going to try the individual route and see what I gather from that. Thanks!
  • Are the group members spawned by the combatant spawner (via spawning all) or when starting a battle at that spot?

When spawned by the spawner, just limit the spawn area or used placed positions.

When spawning by the battle (start schematic), use placed battles to make sure it's far enough away from the fence.
    I.e. the combatant spawner uses nearest battle and the battle uses no start type (e.g. clicking on the None button in it's start settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove - working this out today - thanks!