Greetings! I'm trying out a small test using the Change Schematic feature on a Status value.

I've added one to an Experience stat and have been attempting to test that the change event is working by simply adding a schematic with a "Play sound" node attached.

However, it seems to not be working... and so I was wondering if there were some other conditions I've not yet considered?

Cheers!
  • Try using a Unity Console node instead to put something out in the console.

Play Sound might not work due to the combatant not being spawned, or using the wrong object, etc.
    I would need to know more about the node's setup.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Heyo! I just created a non-edited event and added Unity Console node to log a simple string, but to no avail.

Granted, I did find a work-around (i'm just reworking how I was going to do a feature entirely), but if I do find a way to figure out what went wrong, I will update the post.

Thanks for your help GiL!
  • I just tested it using a Show Dialogue node. I just assigned it to the Change Schematics > Schematic Asset slot without touching other settings. I used it on Status Values > Health Points and it works when damage is received as expected.
  • Yeah, sorry, I hadn't mentioned that I was trying to trigger the Change schematic outside of combat.

I used a Status Value Change node while out of combat. I'm thinking that the feature is only meant to be used while in combat?
  • It worked for me outside of combat. Starting with the same basic setup from the previous post, I made a new schematic that is just the Change Status Value node with Combatant > Object set to Player and Status Value set to Health Points, Operator: Sub, Value: 10.

I put the schematic in the ORK Game Starter so it would trigger immediately.
  • edited July 2022
    The Change Schematics work from any status value change in and out of battle, unless you limit it via it's settings, e.g. to not be used for abilities, etc.

Can you give more details on your change schematic setup?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!