2D grid game, skill attack direction how to make a straight line attack?
  • I may not be making it clear, but what I mean is, when I select a cell that is above, below, left or right of the player, does the skill line automatically choose the right direction?
  • It's easy to make a line attack that shoots in the direction the player is facing (Templates > Battle Range Templates > Grid Shape type: Mask), A 4-way attack that hits in all directions is also easy. But for a something like a 4-way attack where you have to choose one direction is more difficult. I think this quote explains it...
    gamingislove said: For this, you have to rotate the user to the selected cell - there's a setting for that in Battle Grid Settings > Target Cell Selection, enable Rotate To Cell.
    That should also rotate the affect ranges when they're using the user.
    The only other way I could think of would be to have separate Front, Left, Right, Back line templates set up as conditional Affect Range settings and switch between them with variables somehow. Seems complicated.
  • @Scyra Thanks ,I'm trying!
  • The 2D Grid Battles RPG tutorial needs to be updated to use a different combatant prefab setup (will happen in the future). Instead of using the current setup with the move direction, using a root object that actually rotates makes this a lot easier - having the combatant's sprite as a child object and always facing the camera (using the Face Camera component).

That way you can use grit rotations in 2D just like in 3D, by rotating the combatant to the selected cell (e.g. in the target cell selection).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2022
    @gamingislove Can tell in detail a few, study this problem for a long time! Thanks in advance!

Post edited by churan on
  • @gamingislove
    In the grid battle, my skill Tanger Range was None. After using the Select Target Cell, I tried to Select the Is Targeted condition in the Combatnat Requirements in the HUD to display the HUD, but it seemed that the HUD could not be enabled. Are there any solutions?
  • Another question is, I have bestiary enabled, but I don't use menu targets as options, enemy information is not hidden in the combat HUD, what do I need to set? Bestiary is set in the same way as 3D RPG Playground. I use the target selection method the grid selection method.

• Well, abilities/items targeting cells don't target a combatant - so the combatant isn't really targeted :)

As for the bestiary, make sure Ignore Bestiary isn't enabled in your HUD's different content components.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2022
    @gamingislove
    I checked every setting and Bestiary needed HUD without activation option ignore it.
    Post edited by churan on
  • I found that when I used the Bestiary skill on one enemy, the value of the other enemies was hidden, but when I didn't use the skill once, their value was revealed.
  • @gamingislove
    In grid battles, I use shortcuts as battle menus. When I set a cooldown for a skill and use it in the shortcut bar, everything works fine for the first few turns, but when the cooldown is over, the skill's graphics are not fully restored.
  • edited August 2022
    The shortcut bar doesn't disappear after a battle, I'm using the last turn mode, and the instructions say it only appears during battle! What is the reason for this? I followed the Battle Bar tutorial setup.

After repeated testing, I found that if there is only one combatant, the shortcut bar does not cancel after the battle, and if there are two or more combatants, it automatically cancels the display. Please check it.
    Post edited by churan on
  • I'll look into it.