• Not sure if it's been suggested before, but it would be great to have a developers' annotation section in the Makinom Editor and in the Schematics.
  • Id suggest an item identification system. Hidden item properties and the ability to reveal them. As well as if whether an unidentified item has predetermined, hidden stats or if they are rolled randomly between a template on identification.

I think that would be a neat system to implement, I'm going to be implementing it myself but it'd be neat to see what you could do to further ORK.
  • Hope Spawn ID supports String! If the Spawn ID is an integer for many scenes on a large map, it can be confusing.
  • This is definitely a big one.
    It would be great to have a new hierarchical tree-like UI for learning & upgrading abilities, recipes and so on...
  • edited June 2022
    Im new to using schematics so it may already exist and im just unaware, but if it doesn't exist an undo redo within the schematic editor and its settings would be ver helpful. Ive already run into several situations where that would have been a good timesaver.
    Post edited by GuSt on
  • edited June 2022
    Also this has probably been requested in the past, but now that we are at Ork 3 and the system isn't likely to have its major number update for a couple of years.. a video tutorial for the base tutorials like 3d playground would genuinely be great! I have found other Ork tutorials related to individuals personal developments, they're very well done and I can see how they are helpful to a more experienced user, however they aren't directly applicable to a learner following the basic tutorials here.

Myself and my team-mates are going through the tutorials in good faith, however we've each become confused at different points.
    Given how involved and interconnected everything is, a visual cue to follow and verbal descriptions describing the context of what we are doing would go a long way.
    That's how a lot of us have learned other software like blender etc, videos are a huge help and will likely reduce the assistance needing to be had on these forums.

Whether yourself or someone with a lot of Ork experience would like to take up the mantle, it would be much appreciated!
    Post edited by GuSt on
  • The search feature for the schematics is very helpful given how many options there are. However it would be useful to see a breadcrumb or have a reference within the settings to see where it is located within the menu.
  • Real world time Duration for Research tree.

Many games especially mobile ones are using real world time to research some perks.
    For example Clash of Clans.

I will need research tree to be researched even if player is not in game.

Could you add this duration type for research trees?
    (preferably with ability to customize time provider (datetime.now or my server time or whicever else we can implement)

@gamingislove
  • Time requirements(objectives) for quest types.

I will need quests with tasks that makes player wait for specific amount of time (both types, in game only time and real world time as described in above post).

Could you implement this also?

@gamingislove

• Pretty time formatting.

Currently for research duration of type time the time is displayed as just number of seconds.
    It should be displayed in some kind of formating like DD: HH : MM : SS
    @gamingislove
  • Duration type that ignores pauses.

This type of time is welcome to.
    I do not want restrict player from going into menus in order to progress in research tree.
    (And it in general confusing for players to not process timed research while you in menu)

@gamingislove
  • Global machine is not running with "in pause" enabled.
    If menu has "freeze pause" = true.

Can we have global machines that runs always?
    @gamingislove
  • Displayable conditions in crafting recipe layout.

Currently we can show
    <b><color=#FFFF00FF><name></color></b>

Conditions
    <conditions>

<b>Ingredient</b>
    <ingredients>

<b>Outcome</b>
    <outcome>

but does not work
    also does not work
    also there is no settings for

@gamingislove
  • @gamingislove
    Hi.
    What is the status of the development of the migration tool from ORK2 projects to ORK3?
    I tried to manually port a complex ORK2 project to ORK3 but gave up.
    I would like to migrate as soon as possible.
  • @gamingislove Would it be possible to slightly tweak the Battle Menu - Attack - Use Ability Information to let us specific if we use full name or short name?

For animation purposes (aiming at using animation input prompts ala Paper Mario or Yakuza Like a Dragon) each of my weapons will have their own basic attack schematic. To help differentiate them in the editor, I'd like to have their full name be "Sword and Shield Basic Attack" and "Bow Basic Attack" for example, but I'd like them to still show up as "Attack" in the Battle Menu.

I know I can just define this and uncheck, but other than using the short name, I would still like to copy over the rest of the ability information, icon, etc. for each unique attack.

Currently I am using the short name for this differentiation, but this makes it a little difficult to see in the editor when selecting abilities.

For example, since they only show full name and type this is what I see when I have both attacks: